Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.0 TDI MY17 Amarok

Users Country Flag

3.0 TDI MY17 Amarok

The MY17 Amarok has been announced and it will be available with the much anticipated 3.0 TDI V6....... Time to trade in.

2017 Volkswagen Amarok gets V6 diesel power

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    2016 VW Amarok facelift revealed with V6 turbodiesel engine | Motor1.com

MAY 02, 2016 at 08:53
    3 COMMENTS
    Adrian Padeanu
    BY ADRIAN PADEANU, Contributing Editor
    Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has introduced today the facelifted Amarok which will be offered with a six-cylinder turbodiesel engine.

In a rather surprising move, VW has decided to squeeze in a turbodiesel 3.0-liter V6 engine in the 2016 Amarok where it will be available in three states of tune: 163 hp / 120 kW, 204 hp / 150 kW, and 224 hp / 165 kW. In the strongest iteration, the unit generates a respectable peak torque of 406 lb-ft (550 Nm) from just 1,500 rpm. It’s considerably more powerful than the previous range-topping engine, the biturbodiesel 2.0-liter four-cylinder which has 180 hp / 420 Nm.

VW will sell the 2016 Amarok in a traditional rear-wheel-drive configuration, but customers will be able to pay more for a 4MOTION setup with rear-wheel drive and an engageable front axle in combination with a manual gearbox. In addition, the pickup truck will also be offered with a permanent all-wheel-drive 4MOTION system featuring a Torsen differential and an eight-speed automatic transmission.

VW’s engineers have also fiddled with the transmissions as the highest gears are now longer to reduce revs and fuel consumption. The top-of-the-line version of the 3.0 TDI V6 with the eight-speed auto is going to consume a combined 7.6 liters / 100 km in the NEDC, corresponding to CO2 emissions of 199 g/km.

Besides the beefier turbodiesel engine and the optimized gearboxes, the 2016 Amarok also gains a new Servotronic steering system as standard in Europe. Go for the 224-hp version and you’ll get new 17-inch disc front / 16-inch rear disc brakes to match the extra punch provided by the V6.

In terms of styling, VW’s workhorse has also gone through some subtle cosmetic revisions, including a body-colored sports bar for the Amarok Aventura which will serve as the launch version in Europe. This one rides on fresh 20-inch alloy wheels and comes generously equipped with bi-xenon headlights, LED daytime running lights, along with LED license plate lighting and LED illuminated side sills.

For the cargo compartment, VW has prepared a series of covers, styling bars, hardtops, and cargo area coating to fulfill various needs. The load platform of the four-door Amarok is capable of carrying a Euro-pallet loaded sideways and has a maximum payload capacity of more than 1 ton. VW says that in the future, select versions of the facelifted Amarok will be able to tow up to 3.5 tons.

Stepping inside, the cabin now has a more car-like look and benefits from a redesigned dashboard along with new ergonomic seats. The Aventura version comes as standard with Park Distance Control (with rearview camera) and all of the trims will have Automatic Post-Collision Braking System.

The V6-powered version is scheduled to go on sale at the end of September, but initially only the 224-hp configuration will be available, with the other lesser versions joining the range later.

Source: Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles

Perfect timing for Pat Cullinan, first the Patrol is dropped now the TV6 Amarok.

I'd been waiting for the GM styled Colorado arriving later this year but this goes straight to the top of the list.

Users Country Flag
    This will really shake up the premuim commercial market. Finally it has an engine to compete and to complement what is already the benchmark premium ute.

Still slower than my tuned TSI Amarok , but I would have seriously considered trading that in for this ...... had I not already ordered a new Mustang for delivery early next year. Not replacing the Amarok, just adding to the garage, though this V6 is super tempting ....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag

Cool

1st one SOLD yesterday without final specs & pricing known and the list of interested buyers is growing!
    Initial launch stock I recon is going to go pretty quick smart...
    Anyone in W.A. feel free to contact me if you are keen to secure one.
    "Likely" delivery late November/December
    Christian Sieg

Users Country Flag
    That should tune up to circa 700nm if it behaves like most other 3.0 V6's.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomcamel View Post
    1st one SOLD yesterday without final specs & pricing known and the list of interested buyers is growing!
    Initial launch stock I recon is going to go pretty quick smart...
    Anyone in W.A. feel free to contact me if you are keen to secure one.
    "Likely" delivery late November/December
    This is a bit off topic. But , how about Crafter with V6 and 4motion?
    I'd sign up and even pay the deposit if I could secure what I want.
    Let me know in PM or email.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Awfully tempting as my weekday vehicle struggles through construction sites.. I guess that's why you don't use a golf as a site engineer..

Really looking forward to seeing these. Just take my money i want one!!! Any ideas on pricing?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Over boost hell yeah!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast