Support VWWC

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: A cream-filled mk1 build

Users Country Flag

The chip controls the fuel injection. If you've seen the light and go with twins you won't need the chip.

Mine is already set up without any fuel injection wiring so when I put the 16v in I'll let you know how I did it and what wire goes where. I'll be using the main loom and parts off the spare Seat.

Cheers

Paul

Brilliant Paul! Keen to get it underway!

Will look around for twin dellortos and a set of cams for the abf, is there a specific degree of cams most suitable with these motors that you know of? (or anyone got a fave of their own?)

Also sounds like I might need a gti fuel pump and tank according to a few sources on clubgti? or is that primarily for if I didnt run the twin carbies?

Cheers guys!
    CURRENT: '76 MK1 Golf 2dr (1.8 8V, twin webers.. soon to be 16v )
    PAST: MK5 GTI Pirelli + MK4 Golf 1.sick + MK3 VR6 (RIP)

Users Country Flag
    You need to contact Preeny (Preen59 on this forum), he's the modified ABF guy. Send him an email as I haven't seen him here for a while. Give Matt at Camden GTI a call too. He should know which cams to get.

You don't need a GTI pump if you're going with carbies, any modern aftermarket pump will do. Mine has a Carter 4070 pump and a low pressure fuel regulator set at 2 psi.

If you were going with fuel injection you need a tank from a Diesel MK1 as they have a built in fuel return. Don't know if you need the diesel tank if you have carbies but if you find one get it.
    Last edited by sports racer; 01-05-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    You need to contact Preeny (Preen59 on this forum), he's the modified ABF guy. Send him an email as I haven't seen him here for a while. Give Matt at Camden GTI a call too. He should know which cams to get.

You don't need a GTI pump if you're going with carbies, any modern aftermarket pump will do. Mine has a Carter 4070 pump and a low pressure fuel regulator set at 2 psi.

If you were going with fuel injection you need a tank from a Diesel MK1 as they have a built in fuel return. Don't know if you need the diesel tank if you have carbies but if you find one get it.
    Cheers Paul! I'll try get in contact with Matt ans Preeny and see what I can find out! I actually think I sent Matt a PM a week or two ago, but might have to call him, probably hasnt been online in a while.

Hey guys looking for a k-jet ignition module to run an ABF on Webers, anyone got one or know of one I could get hold of?
    Cheers! ✌🏻

Users Country Flag
    The elusive ICM huh? Mk1 cabbies and gti's, Mk2 should have em too. look for wrecks and take the loom, dizzy and ICM. Word on the street, the camiras run the same ICM, though I'm yet to see it with my own eyes

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAurelius View Post
    The elusive ICM huh? Mk1 cabbies and gti's, Mk2 should have em too. look for wrecks and take the loom, dizzy and ICM. Word on the street, the camiras run the same ICM, though I'm yet to see it with my own eyes
    Ignition control module is smae as 8V and Camira, saab, peugeot etc.

What you will need is a Saab distributor if you are going without the factory knockbox ignition ( ICM is supplementary to this ) as the knockbox controls spark timing ( ICM doesn't ) Sabb dizzy is also mechanical advance instead of vacuum.
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

Thanks heaps for all the help guys! Got hold of a computer and will have the wiring done as soon as the motor is dropped in!

In other news.. these arrived today. Wow. Photos dont do them justice, just sayin'.

Getting excited whilst collecting all the parts together, should be good fun when all together! 😜😜

Just need to find a manifold to mate these up to the 16v and everything is comin' up milhouse!

Users Country Flag
    Great work, it's coming together nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by browndizzle View Post
    everything is comin' up milhouse!
    Best line I've read in a while!

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Sexy!
    Can I ask how much they cost brand new like that?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast