Support VWWC

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My MK1 GTI

Users Country Flag

Yesss!!!!!! on point!

Users Country Flag

I'm pretty sure I know this car. If it is, it was imported from the UK as a 'Personal Import', it has no compliance plate perhaps a personal import label. The last owner might have the import approval? I'm also pretty sure (not 100% sure on VIC rules but I'm 100% sure on NSW rules) that being a pre 1994 vehicle tint can be lower than 15% (ask VICRoads to give you the LEGISLATION applicable to window tint in Victoria), MPH speedo ok. I remember I missed out buying this car for $3500 about two years ago. I'm still kicking myself for not acting faster and it was only 5 minutes from where I live!. I think you may also have modified front brakes. The car may or may not be a Campaign model - read this if interested Campaign Checks – The Mk1 Golf Owners Club . Being a British car and use of salt on ice in UK have a really good look for rust under the body. I used to have a BMW 635CSi which I got rid off because of this issue.
    Electics are easy. get yourself a wiring diagram and a test light to see if the electricity is being delivered. If not, the is a supply issue, if so, the electrical component may be the issue. Surely one of your mates knows something about cars?
    Personal Imports are interesting, they only need to have very few things to be registered (in NSW anyway). Hence don;t go changing things if the law doesn't say you need to.
    I've got a 1.8 8V original motor from my 1993 cabrio if you know someone who wants to take it away too. I don't want any money for it - just to go to a VW MK1 nutter.

Have fun with your MK1

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567