Thread: MK1 round gauge tach dash value

Users Country Flag

MK1 round gauge tach dash value

Hi all,
    just brought another mk1 cabby but its had the dash swapped for a round gauge tach dash setup when converted from LHD,
    not sure if I'm parting it or fixing as I have another nice mk1 cab,
    either way if I fix it I want to put the correct dash in,
    what is a mint dash tach cluster and unchopped surround worth?
    dashpad seems cracked as usual
    Cheers Russ...
    Last edited by rusty69911; 03-04-2018 at 11:12 AM. Reason: info correction

Users Country Flag
    if you part have you a good rooftop...my liner is fine just the top...also need the door waste trims
    mine is also a Rabbit import...some items like the tacho may be same as Mk2 std car?
    cheers
    B
    Last edited by karmen; 04-04-2018 at 06:31 PM.
    german - english translations esp vw documents!!

Dismantling 95 Seat Cord'a and 73 campers and 74 dc van !!! Some Mk1 and t2 ant3 gear in my stash,,,

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by karmen View Post
    if you part have you a good rooftop...my liner is fine just the top...also need the door waste trims
    mine is also a Rabbit import...some items like the tacho nay be same as Mk2 std car?
    cheers
    B
    the dash in this one is an aussie mk1 hence it is round gauge not the mk2 style that it should be, also they have used the early steering column so it kind of looks out of place,
    maybe I should do a full backdate with skinny bumpers etc and make it look like a factory early cab that was never made, hmmmm,
    my wife brought it while I am away for work as they do...
    wait till I get home and see how bad the rust is before I decide, most parts will be kept for my other cabby anyway,
    it does have a mint black roof but really shipping within australia would be more than a new skin, I got one for less than $300 shipped from autoberry for the other car, it may have been closer to $250, much easier than trying to swap a whole roof or remove a second hand skin and reskin,
    Cheers Russ...

message sent
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty69911 View Post
    the dash in this one is an aussie mk1 hence it is round gauge not the mk2 style that it should be, also they have used the early steering column so it kind of looks out of place,
    maybe I should do a full backdate with skinny bumpers etc and make it look like a factory early cab that was never made, hmmmm,
    my wife brought it while I am away for work as they do...
    wait till I get home and see how bad the rust is before I decide, most parts will be kept for my other cabby anyway,
    it does have a mint black roof but really shipping within australia would be more than a new skin, I got one for less than $300 shipped from autoberry for the other car, it may have been closer to $250, much easier than trying to swap a whole roof or remove a second hand skin and reskin,
    Cheers Russ...

Hi Russ,
    Hows the roof from Auto berry ? good quality ? i am looking to replace mine soon and these seem a great price compared to others i have priced up

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    looks Ok but I havent fitted it yet, pretty sure the roof I put on it years ago that is now stuffed was from the same mob, it lasted 18 years haha and only has a few small rips at the ends and bad mildew so not bad for the money,
    it is quite heavy vinyl with black cloth back,
    pretty sure kit with new wires (as I know I joined them last time so needed replace) $315 AUD shipped,
    Cheers Russ...

Users Country Flag
    so was it that price what year? as you say it lasted 18 lol pls rusty ..

Dismantling 95 Seat Cord'a and 73 campers and 74 dc van !!! Some Mk1 and t2 ant3 gear in my stash,,,

Users Country Flag
    There on sale for $199

VW Volkswagen 1980-1994 Convertible Top Kit (DIY)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ratstylz View Post
    There on sale for $199

VW Volkswagen 1980-1994 Convertible Top Kit (DIY)
    great must go to the site if its US or Aus $$
    \thanks heaps