Support VWWC

Thread: Sams 76 4 door project

Users Country Flag

Sams 76 4 door project

Hey guys im Sam , havnt had anything to do with the mk1 section since im coming across from the mk4 section. i have always wanted to have a mk1 project as some stage in the next few years and this one popped up for a good price with a straight body and minimal rust which is good since i would be in over my head if i had of bought something beat up and rusty.

i still dont really know what im in for ill see see how it pans out as i go im looking forward to doing this car as its older and i wont be afraid to have a go myself and make little mistakes along the way this is going to be a fairly slow project as ill just do a little bit here and there as i have the spare coin and ill probably register it as a little daily as some stage just for fun .

Me and my mate had a pretty hectic journey to go get her since the car was about 5-6 hours away we left wagga on friday arvo and went to a gig in albury and caught up with a couple of the watercooled guys there and didnt head off till about 12am lol. anyways we took it in turns to sleep while the other drove till we got to melbourne had a couple of hours sleep in the car then went and picked some bora parts up for a mate then went and loaded the mk1 onto the trailer as it was starting to rain. the trip back sucked!!!!!!!! it was flogging rain the whole way and had to drive slow with the trailer since there was so much water on the road all worked out tho got it home safely.

anyways hope you guys like where i go with this project and dont get too annoyed at all the questions ill have as i go

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

[IMG][/IMG]
    loading her up in melbourne
    [IMG][/IMG]
    home safely after a long drive in the rain
    [IMG][/IMG]
    up next to the mk4
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

the parents aren't very thrilled about have 2 vdubs out the front specially an unregistered one
    Last edited by samSC1192; 16-06-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    2.0 mk4 golf (SOLD)
    mk1 76 4door ( long project)

Users Country Flag
    Mate, welcome to the right section of the forums. And don't worry about your olds, they will grow to love it.
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Quote Originally Posted by samSC1192 View Post
    Hey guys im Sam im only 19
    Hi Sam,
    I'm Simon and I'm 21.

Users Country Flag
    Looks better in person and drives super nice. this will be fun, looking forward to giving you a hand with this as you have been with mine!

Glad to see you guys got back with more than half of Vic underwater!! Gee the olds must have loved the boot load of spares!! Have fun with the car. Hope to see it at the nationals..

Cheers

Matt
    1976 Microbus, 1959 Beetle

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks guys hopefully parents warm up to it soon I'll just make dad help every now and then till he takes Interest maybe haha.

Thanks Matt for the car and all the spares got more spare mk1 parts then mk4 now :p that if tried to get out of the way in the garage so the olds don't lose it. Was surprised the road wasn't flooded on the way back the rain was really bad.

good work! I know which one I like better already

Good luck with it all, looked like a pretty good buy from the forsale ad!

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    good work! I know which one I like better already

Good luck with it all, looked like a pretty good buy from the forsale ad!
    cheers jarred yeah if i register it soon i know which one ill end up driving more i cant help myself been doing laps around the block never driven an old car like this before definatly i huge change from the mk4 haha..
    2.0 mk4 golf (SOLD)

i got a bit of a start today since wagga is flooding and i live on high ground and didnt have to work .

[/IMG]
    since zale (zalemate) was in the flood evactuation area he figured he would bring his mk1 to mine for the day to work on it while we waited to hear if his house would go under.

so today i got a little bit done just cleaned it up a bit pulled some stickers off added a watercooled sticker
    lowered it nearly an inch ( dumb idea to do in my garage as it made if difficult to get back out even tho its not even that low :S lol ).
    and i pulled the seats ect out to start cleaning up the floor and finding what rust there is which is only the little bit in the passenger floor that shouldnt be too bad

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    2.0 mk4 golf (SOLD)

[IMG][/IMG]

Finally cleaned up and painted the floor in red oxide

[IMG][/IMG]
    painted the stock wheels black

i've been pretty slack lately im just starting to get motivated again and started fixing some surface rust here and there so the car is going to be patchy and im starting to wonder if i should just pull it apart properly now and get it painted or just do the important stuff and drive it around as a little beater since i plan on using it as a daily in the next 6 months?
    So many decisions its doing my head in lol.
    2.0 mk4 golf (SOLD)