Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MK1 Golf Interior

Users Country Flag

Im doing a back to bare metal rebuild on mine as I want it to last another 30yrs
    I will be going with reliability over performance so probs just a 2.0 8v EFI engine.
    Colour wise I will keep it yellow, but not the original colour code, want something richer in colour.

Good luck with it all, I will be following your progress.
    93' MK1 cabriolet

If you are doing a sleeper I would absolutely go factory colour

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah I'm so torn between trying to make it as beautiful as I can, and trying to make it look stock.

I'm in a battle with myself. So I think I'm just going to focus on stripping and repairing for now.

.:R32 MK5 3DR Manual
    MK1 Golf (Swallowtail) Manual

Users Country Flag
    I can understand why people would like to keep factory colors and keep it looking original and clean, but i personally find the original colors rather dull and boring. Just go with the color you feel is "right". After all, it's s long road to bare metal restore a car and it'd be a shame picking a color your not 100% about just for the sake of the purists

Haha that's exactly what I was thinking. I'm possibly looking into either a deep red or a sunflower yellow for the paintwork. Hard to decide between them they're both so good!

So I was cleaning out the MK1 today just getting some stuff in order, and I came across somethings (hoping to get some answers on) mainly what is the difference between a Golf Driver and non?
    As mine is apparently the golf driver, if it is, how to confirm/where is the build plate?

Also, came across these beauties I forgot all about
    1) is the book rare? (Mines seen better days but still a pretty educational book
    2) I'm to believe these are original old stock (unused) they're both produced by hella, both retain VW engraving. Could this be true?

Thanks in advanced!

MK1 Golf (Swallowtail) Manual

Users Country Flag
    The Driver badge is probably a fake. No Aussie car had this badge and anyone importing a MK1 would only bring a real GTI into the country.

The book is rare but not impossible to find and is one of the best car manuals ever written.

Taillights could be original but they made MK1's up to 2009 in South Africa so hard to say how old your lights are.

If you're going to respray then go yellow. There's lots of red ones out there already.

Here's what I want mine to look like.

MK1 Golf Interior-121a-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Hell yeah!

Or even orange

Ahh okay. That's a bit of a let down. Hoping i had a gem MK1 Golf Interior they look good so I'm glad anyway. Yeah I'm sliding towards the yellow/sun flower yellow too.

Thanks for the info ^_^

Planning on doing a build thread for the mk1 just getting my ducks in a row first. Researching all parts. And pre planning for rust repair.

Dale

MK1 Golf (Swallowtail) 3DR Manual

was this the mk1 advertised on ebay from hornsby by any chance?

where in Syd are ya man? I'd be willing to come lend a hand on a build if you like! getting my mk1 rego'd on thursday so i'll be rolling around again!
    CURRENT: '76 MK1 Golf 2dr (1.8 8V, twin webers.. soon to be 16v )
    PAST: MK5 GTI Pirelli + MK4 Golf 1.sick + MK3 VR6 (RIP)

That's the one! Was able to purchase it prior to eBay sale as I saw it listed on a different site.

I'm currently in Alexandria but moving up the coast a little but so I can have a proper garage to work out of! Where abouts are you?

A helping hand is always good! How could I say no to that!

MK1 Golf (Swallowtail) 3DR Manual

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast