Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission for the MK1

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1@4Motion View Post
    I was thinking about doing the same. Cut the tray out and then weld in a 2-2.5 inch high straight plate to make it look neater.
    Post some pictures if you end up doing it!

Finally got a job so money can now be spent on the Golf! Door cards are cut out, wadding is glued on as well as black vinyl. Currently just letting the adhesive set overnight. I will be cutting holes outs and gluing the other side tomorrow, hopefully it all goes well.. first time doing upholstery/woodwork stuff haha. My seats cleaned up extremely well with a hard brush and half a bottle of JIF. Very happy at how they turned out, except i still have a 10c piece size hole right in the middle of the seat (You can sorta see if in the picture, top right). Anyone know of a quick fix/easy fix if possible?

Last edited by Dubstein; 21-07-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Find a girlfriend to sit there.

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Find a girlfriend to sit there.
    ****. I have one, 8000kms away hahah any other options?

Users Country Flag
    Mission for the MK1-blow-up-twins-228x300-jpg .

Hahahahah you dikhead.

Cards came out amazing i must say, going to buy chrome handles and new coverings and paint the arm rest thing a nicer black Also need to buy alot of new clips. Haven't had any luck finding anything might have to order off the net?

Also rear bumper all painted up, polished and repaired.

Last edited by Dubstein; 25-07-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Wow and double wow on that bumper. That is perfect

Cheers

The Old Dikhead

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Wow and double wow on that bumper. That is perfect

Cheers

The Old Dikhead

I will have 2 sets for sale in a few months if you're interested. Also, im tempted to make some door cards for anyone aswell, or at least show them how. Cheap to make but just takes some patience.

Decided i wanted chrome mounts for my mirrors so i filed them down and than worked my way up the grit ladder finished with a intense metal polish session. There are small imperfections but im very happy with the result non the less. Painted the actual mirror housing black too but i want to replace the glass before i put it all back together. Anyone know if its worth doing myself or just getting a shop to cut them to size? Also placed an order off Veedubmachine for some inner chrome door handles, stock gearknob, those plastic guides that are used on the bottom of the seats and a replacement ignition switch which should hopefully sort out my starting problem!

I am going to place an order with eurowagens later on and am wondering about window seals. I've seen many things about those chrome clip compatibility? Wondering if anyone can shed some light on the differences?

Im getting to love fiddly small detail things, never use to be a fan as i didn't have patience. (And yes even the screws got a sand and polish)

Random shot of her in the yard.

Last edited by Dubstein; 28-07-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Users Country Flag
    dude thats insane! i'm chasing a set of mint bumpers, the ones i have are so-so. those look tits.
    feel like restoring mine if i sent them up to you?

...but actually.

Did a mk3 wiper motor swap, very simple and so much faster now! Had to cut the factory bracket to fit it in, new one sits fine without it but just to be safe i will be making a custom one for it. Am also going to run the wires directly into the cabin as shown but with conduit and a rubber grommet obviously. Also unblocked and got the water squirter/motor pumping away like a champ.

Got a whole bunch of stuff to be painted black tomorrow to!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast