Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission for the MK1

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    Looking good, dude. What a trip! Good stuff.

Be prepared for more **** like that. It's a Mk1 and they've been around for a long time. Someone is bound to have messed with it at some stage!
    Oh i am! Just would of been nice for the owners to of at least told me its been hit or they've done that hah

It's been over a year since i posted this and the car hasn't progressed anywhere sadly. I had intentions of making it a track car almost 6 months of owning it which led to me stripping everything. I removed every wire except the necessaries to make it run, all glass and mechanisms as i wanted to use perspex for weight, all heating/fans/cables, rain-tray and wipers, etc etc.

I eventually just didn't touch the car for several months because after all that i just wanted to drive it on the road again.... Stuiped teenage decisions. I really regret doing all that now because it will never be back on the road again, well not by me anyway. The sad thing was that this car actually makes be think of the awesome time i had with my Dad and i do not want to scrap it or just it up for parts. (Also because i paid almost 4000 for it and wont get even $200 for it now)

The car is currently at my grandparents place under a cover in Far North Queensland. I have recently bought a 2 door which i be choosing the right decisions for (Rust repair, respray, rego), and am now confused at what i should do with the other yellow 4door as i want parts from it for the 2door. In saying this, it will cost me more than the car is worth to ship it down..

However is some pictures the day after i bought the 2 door. Anyone want to choose its name? The yellow 4 doors name was Basil. :3

Lets just take a minute to remember Basil hahaha

Last edited by Dubstein; 11-07-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Beautiful car mate. Great story, you're not mad for doing that journey, its totally worth it for the love and heartache she'll cause you

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubstein View Post
    Bought another one last night !

Attachment 10137

Attachment 10138

Attachment 10139
    pics won't open up?

Should be fixed now. First time i tried uploading via mobile i don't know what happened!

I am currently in the process of making new door cards at the moment! Just have to cut out the shape and holes and go buy some wadding, new clips and black vinyl. If they turn out alright ill probably be willing to make some for you guys!

Dont have much money at the moment for car stuff so DIY is the go! I got a little carried away with the bumpers bolts haha..
    Painted the rear side of the bumper, blacked the mounts and polished up the bar, which came out super shiny! Also still have to do the end caps and center strip black.

Last edited by Dubstein; 17-07-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Why do people remove Mk1 rain trays?

Yeah i know, i was a little disappointed when i saw it had been cut out., badly too there are holes that going into the cabin > Going to weld some sort of plate back in however, maybe only 2 inches tall. Thoughts?

Users Country Flag
    I was thinking about doing the same. Cut the tray out and then weld in a 2-2.5 inch high straight plate to make it look neater.

Only The Good Die Young 45
    For a better ride, go WIDE!!!
    VS Commodore V6 Berlina- FOR SALE
    1979 Golf Mk1- http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...one-92128.html

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Water Boy View Post
    Why do people remove Mk1 rain trays?
    because they look balls.

mk1 bays look tits without rain trays dude.

and also the weber carbys hit it bolted up to a TS passat mani, even with a small air filter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast