Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Georges GTi

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Parts room? I have a Parts shed (well, a few sheds actually) plus a few cars stored at a mates place and a few more at mums.

But then you're new to VW's aren't you young grasshopper.
    Haha, you're lucky you have sheds to fill Paul!

I've owned some sort of a mk1 for the past 8 years of my life hahaha, so not quite new - just finally at a stage where I know when to get rid of crap and keep the good stuff only.
    - Orange Golf mk1 LS, 1.8 5speed, 32/36 - sold
    - Golf mk1 Swallowtail rebuild, completely stripped
    - Brown U.S import 81 cabby
    - 88 Honda crx b18cr

Users Country Flag
    Looking good George.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMK1 View Post
    Haha, you're lucky you have sheds to fill Paul!

I've owned some sort of a mk1 for the past 8 years of my life hahaha, so not quite new - just finally at a stage where I know when to get rid of crap and keep the good stuff only.
    Yeah George he is lucky, My parts shed is full, and I don't have another one ..... YET!!!

Gertting parcels in the mail is always awesome!!!... Though expensive sometimes!

..................On another note where do those speakers in the corner fit in the campaign????

Scotty.
    1976 Martini Olive Mk1 2 door Swallowtail
    1981 black Mk1 ragtop GTI in need of some tlc
    1979 Mk1 2 door - long term project
    2002 Oettinger V5 Bora - daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    Looking good George.
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1sleeper View Post
    Yeah George he is lucky, My parts shed is full, and I don't have another one ..... YET!!!

Gertting parcels in the mail is always awesome!!!... Though expensive sometimes!

..................On another note where do those speakers in the corner fit in the campaign????

Scotty.
    Haha there is no better feeling in this world than received car parts in the mail!

As for the speakers, the golf wishes it was lucky enough to have them, they are used for hEkTik backyard parties when we are feeling loose hahaha
    - 88 Honda crx b18cr

Hey guys, the GTi is now finished and ready to be dropped of on monday! Hooraaaay.
    I inspected it, and pretty happy with the fix. Final verdict - no chassis damage at all, all cosmetics so to speak. Every thing measured up perfectly without any movement at all.

There was a few small things that I wasn't happy about, but I'm a bit too picky for my own good. I have sold a kidney on the black market to afford to pay the panel shop haha.

The rear pulled out just fine, and a new beaver panel was put in place after it all aligned. Very happy over all. I will do the painting at home of the rear end, just enough to get it all one colour and get it ready for rwc so I can drive and enjoy it for the time being. A full proper paint will come at a later stage when my funds are steady again lol.

Also got one of my packages from the states with a few goods.

Gates kevlar belt
    K04 exhaust manifold
    Cometic turbo gasket
    ECS 2.0 TSFI coil pack adaptors
    IE Adjustable cam gear
    Red euro 2.0 TSFI coil pack wiring cover
    Solid 02j shifter bushes

Just a few small things, have a few more to go. Have decided its better and more efficient to run the 2.0 TSFI coil packs as I can run a stronger spark and larger gap.

I've always done big projects in crappy little driveways/sheds, so like always I have this little shed/work station assigned to freshening up and assembling the 20vt. Motor will be pulled down, powder coated parts, new pump, seals all round etc. Also on the hunt for a Forged baffled sump, but will see how we go with time.

Heres my little make shift engine stand lol.

- 88 Honda crx b18cr

The cabby was fun as.

Can't wait to for a ride in this!

Users Country Flag
    Love the progress.

Just don't stuff up the wheel alignment this time.

Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post
    The cabby was fun as.

Can't wait to for a ride in this!
    You and me both man... way too keen haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Love the progress.

Just don't stuff up the wheel alignment this time.
    Hahahaha, wheel alignment will be just fine, Paul. Promise! The mk6 has taken the ****ty wheel alignment this time round.
    - 88 Honda crx b18cr

Love your work George!

Howdy fellas,

It's been a long 5 months since my last post. I've had the car at a friends garage stored for the past 4 months, then in the last month I gave the rear a quick spray. Almost all of my time has been spent doing an engine conversion on my T25 bus, not sure if anyone has followed the thread or not, but if you have - you'd know that the 1.8T from this build has been donated to the van. Anyhow, more on that later.

I got the car home last week, and heres a quick view of the paint. It came up pretty good for a garage job, no runs or peel at all, but I'm still going to give the entire car a cut and polish to match the old and new paint together, as well as clean the years of storage off of the mk1.

Don't mind the chipped tail light hehe, I'm using old broken tail lights for now so I don't damage my good ones while we cut/polish the car.

Our 2 garages finally got built, and one is allocated to the GTi
    So for the past week I have been once again re-looking over everything, and the more I look the more I realise that it may have been one of Australias cleanest GTi at some point, but in the state it was given to me, certainly isn't the case now. So many parts are missing and so much questionable things have been done. Anyhow, thats beside the point. At this stage I have gotten a list of all the things it needs for RWC and I will be going over the car to have it ready by the end of Nov, so I can enjoy it over summer, woohoo!

For some reason there was sealant all over the rear hatch seal, I'd imagine it was leaking and someone decided to add a bead of sealant all round rather than just buy another hatch seal. So I spent the day removing most of it, but still small traces left to remove, which I'll figure out soon.

Ok, so now that the 1.8t is gone, this is my short term plan. The gearbox has issues getting into gear at times, and the clutch is seeing some issues too. So I have decided to just install the 02j box with hydraulic clutch, and my g60 flywheel/vr6 clutch.
    I will fab up a quick hydro clutch solution and put in the 02j box in the coming week. I have all new mounts etc to go along with this too.

I have also started modding the shifter box to fit a custom gear knob I have. I've owned this gear knob for years and is my all times favourite. It is a Skunk2 weighted 320g shift knob, it makes changing gears like hot knife through butter. This also doubles up as a short shifter. I started by putting the shift box in the car and marking it. You can see where the blue mark is, and how much will be coming off.

I then pulled it all apart.

All welded up, just a little left for me to clean and shave so its tidy.

All finished up. Thats the small update for today, but I will be getting into gear in the next few weeks and really pushing to get it on the road.
    Thanks

- 88 Honda crx b18cr

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast