Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Georges GTi

Users Country Flag

Hi George

I think the owners name was Tim.

Below are some of the before and after photo's. As you can see, the owner kept it in amazing condition.

[/URL]
    [/URL]

[/URL]
    Last edited by cab93; 22-09-2016 at 07:53 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Awesome!
    Yea I had that for a while!
    Started some work on it but needed to knuckle down on the Caddy MK1 4-motion project so sold it to Tim who wanted it back.
    IF the front panel is Scew its because i was thinking about the Caddy haha .
    Its not "scew" tho, I used Car-oliner measurements for a mk1 over the front end and measured it up with a tape measure etc.
    it was straight enough for what it is, their might have been some movement in the front chassis rails but without something
    like a Caroliner you can't really see whats going on their...
    The Front Panel triangulates to the nearest mm which is all it needed before the next step.

Tim Favours exact, perfect, idealistic restoration and is a pretty meticulous character to say the least.
    Might be why nothing mores been done to the body since. He is an absolute weapon when it comes to engines tho
    and has a lot of valuable advice.

I Found a workshop to put it on a Car-OLINER and take car of the rear work etc but they needed to book in on a "quite" period
    That never came around,
    So you definitely want it straightened out in the rear by a workshop,
    then get it home and start drilling out all the spot welds on the Mk1 and the donor cut etc to get that panels you need.
    ... many hours labour ahead of you man.
    Also that crease in the roof had me worried ...

hope you like bright orange haha
    Last edited by Dub Toffee; 27-09-2016 at 11:14 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Been busy with work (got to work hard to bring this thing back to life haha) but it was a sunny day today and cleaned out the GTi, washed and vacuumed the interior. Something about have a cleaning interior makes it more pleasurable for me to work on it. After spending a bit more time on it, there are so many parts missing that it will take me longer than expected to start her up. New kjet pump came in, and also got a exhaust from RJA to put something on to try and start her up. Wiring has been pulled apart, fuse box out, no wiring at all for the fan switch and fan, most plugs in the bay unplugged and dangling - fun times head haha.

I'm no kjet expert and never was, so would anyone be able to help me identify what sort of a nut would go on the the fuel pump to seal the banjo?

Here she is cleaned of the mess it was in. Interior isnt bad at all, quite and well looked after actually. Rear seats are non genuine, and they dont fit well at all. Will have to look into that, otherwise, its awesome inside!

The old man is finishing the unit in the back and renovations on the front house begins soon... Which is very frustrating as it makes is harder to work on the toys haha

Have also started looking through some of the parts the car came with from the previous owner, and started getting some parts my self slowly. Some pretty neat stuff collected in those boxes, with some cool OEM old stock.

- Orange Golf mk1 LS, 1.8 5speed, 32/36 - sold
    - Golf mk1 Swallowtail rebuild, completely stripped
    - Brown U.S import 81 cabby
    - 88 Honda crx b18cr

Users Country Flag
    Was awesome to meet you man! The cars are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by RJA View Post
    Was awesome to meet you man! The cars are awesome
    Thanks man, likewise! Appreciate you dropping off the exhaust. Good luck with your build
    - 88 Honda crx b18cr

Nut for the fuel pump is a dome nut. Use NEW copper or Ali sealing washers, don't overtighten as you can create a leak from the check valve into the pump body.

I have nuts at home but not back from this trip till mid November

OCIS Fuel Pump Dome Nut

Once you get the pump wired with clean fuel in the tank run it without the filter in the engine bay hooked up to flush the feed line out. Then plumb filter and run it thru the metering head . You may need a few filters to get some of the crap out as this car has been sitting for some time. Wasps and the like love making nests in unplugged jet fuel lines, been there done that.

Good luck
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

Thanks for the heads up Grant! I did a more more searching after your link and found the part number N0110691. Got to work this morning and searched through VW's dealer connect system, turns out there is 1 left in the country and its in VIC!! Haha have placed my order ASAP.

Thanks mate, will also look into copper washers too - we might have some in the parts department.

Oh, also will make sure to flush out the lines a few times before I go any further. Then to hope it fires up, otherwise I'll be taking 'a dummies guide to KJET' classes soon haha.
    Last edited by GeorgeMK1; 11-10-2016 at 08:18 AM.
    - 88 Honda crx b18cr

Dome nut came got to my dealership this morning, and managed to dig around for some alu washers as per Grant's recommendations. Went to put on the exhaust manifold the other day and noticed I was missing the gaskets. A quick call to Petska84 and it was sorted. This is why I love this forum, and the VW community in general. Thanks bud, much appreciated it.

Supplied me with gaskets, and even brand new stud nuts. What a bloke!

I've had these mint condition VDO gauges stashed away for years, finally have a perfect application for them now!

Will assemble the goods and flush the lines. Hopefully try to start it by this weekend, fingers crossed !
    - 88 Honda crx b18cr

Looks good George.

Whats with the random fluro orange parts?

Users Country Flag

Heck yisss man! Those gauges though..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast