Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: A cream-filled mk1 build

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    Great work, it's coming together nicely.

Best line I've read in a while!
    Yeahh slowly but surely! Just need to find the manifold then i can start putting it all together and sooner rather than later, drop it all in and enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Notso Swift View Post
    Sexy!
    Can I ask how much they cost brand new like that?
    They really are! Hehe it was $1400 brand new including a linkage kit and shipped to my door interstate the next day fully assembled as well as the linkages ready to go!

I would definitely recommend Weber Performance down in Victoria!

I'll also be dropping a brand new Holden Barina radiator as seen in Browneye's and many more others mk1's on Thursday! Make room for these vicious stacks!

Users Country Flag
    Looks like I'd better get in touch with my machinist and see what he charges to make a few manifolds.

Got to be better than getting one from Germany at $650 + postage.

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Looks like I'd better get in touch with my machinist and see what he charges to make a few manifolds.

Got to be better than getting one from Germany at $650 + postage.
    Yeah theres a company in the UK that have them for $450 + postage, but surely theres someone here that has for cheaper??

Users Country Flag
    Nobody makes them here, they have to be imported.

I can get the faceplate for a 16v from a company in England and there's a few places that sell the faceplate for webbers. All I need to do is get someone to make up the runners between the 2 faceplates and weld together.

If that can all be done for less than $400 I'm sure I can sell a few.

Users Country Flag
    Cheapest manifolds are from Rowland in South Africa. Their fitment is questionable, but will work with a little fettling etc. From memory they come in around $270 including shipping (for my 8v crossflow anyway) but best confirm with them directly for a current price.

Did the carbs come with a tailored set of jets/chokes/emulsion tubes for your motor? If so, $1400 is a wicked deal for a pair of perfectly set up webers
    77 Mk1 GLS 2 door - That sinking feeling
    76 Mk1 Swallowtail 2 door - Replace that BMW & 76 Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Nobody makes them here, they have to be imported.

I can get the faceplate for a 16v from a company in England and there's a few places that sell the faceplate for webbers. All I need to do is get someone to make up the runners between the 2 faceplates and weld together.

If that can all be done for less than $400 I'm sure I can sell a few.
    Yeah hell Paul, if you got those done for less than $400, i'll be your first buyer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
    Cheapest manifolds are from Rowland in South Africa. Their fitment is questionable, but will work with a little fettling etc. From memory they come in around $270 including shipping (for my 8v crossflow anyway) but best confirm with them directly for a current price.

Did the carbs come with a tailored set of jets/chokes/emulsion tubes for your motor? If so, $1400 is a wicked deal for a pair of perfectly set up webers
    Yeah I did ask around about tailored chokes/jets etc. company could do it for me but they are over in the UK and wouldve costed more due to shipping and a but more for the carbs themselves too. Pro's with going with them is that they know what they need straight off the bat to run really well like what jet sizes etc.

Weber Performance didnt really know much cause they hadnt worked with these motors before, but with confirmation from quite a few knowledgeable sources, ordering them as is from factory and tuning them on the dyno would work perfectly anyway. I trust these sources too as theyve worked with these motors and the carby combo alot

So to walk away with he twin Webers and a linkage kit shipped to my door over night for $1400 I'm ecstatic!

In other news! I got rid of the old blocked up/corroding ****ty radiator and made way for a barina radiator not only to have a perfectly functioning radiator, but to create more room for the Webers when they face the right way with the 16v 😏

For this, I thank Paul (sportsracer) and Jordan (Browneye) for their advice and experience pointing in the right direction! And thanks to my mate Pete for lending me space in his workshop to get this done! Legends! ✌🏻

Now for piccys!

I'll make it a lil prettier down the track but atleast it works, cools better, fan runs better and tucks nicely for more room! Happy days!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast