Support VWWC

Page 1 of 428 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done with your Polo so far (and today)

What have you done with your Polo so far (and today)

We don't seem to have a "what have you done today" thread or somewhere to aggregate and discuss people's completed (and planned) upgrades and modifications so I figured I'd make one and get the ball rolling.

So far on my 3dr GTI I've;

• Upgraded the RCD310 to an RNS510
    • Installed a 9WZ bluetooth unit
    • Tint
    • Replaced the stock whip antenna with the smaller sharan antenna from dubaddiction
    • Wash, polish and sealant for the exterior, Nanolex textile protection and Aerospace 303 for the interior
    • VCDS tweaks to change comfort blinker from 3 to 5 and integrate RNS510 and bluetooth with the MFD and steering wheel

In the short term I plan to put some new rims on it and replace the stock headlight bulbs with Philips CrystalVision and in the longer term I'd like to look at suspension upgrades (coilovers and sway bar) and most likely an ECU tune.
    Last edited by alias_vw; 08-01-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Forgot about the tint

Users Country Flag
    Did you do the RNS510 upgrade yourself or get someone to do it for you? If latter - is there someone in Sydney who can do this with the full nav options?

I was planning on doing it (from everything I've seen it's a simple enough swap over from the RCD310) but then I bought the bluetooth kit as well and I didn't fancy pulling the A pillar apart to wire up the mic so I just got my dealer to do the physical install.

They did the basic audio integration for the RNS510 with the MFD and steering wheel but for some reason couldn't get it all working so I played around with VCDS and got it all working nicely - ended up fixing things to get directions displayed on the MFD, mute button on the steering wheel coded as mute again (I can't see the point in having voice control on the steering wheel) etc.

Today I washed it, applied fast clean and shine then vacuumed the interior (and downloaded all the workshop manuals from erwin).

Users Country Flag
    Where on Erwin's site did you get the 6R manual?

There are a bunch of them in the 'Workshop Manuals in PDF format' section but the 6R Polo isn't listed with the rest of the Polos...it's above the Passats and listed as 'Polo A05 (2010>) [6R]'.

Exterior clean today - snow foam, two bucket wash, aquawax and cleaned the windows.

How much was it to install the bluetooth kit, if you don't mind me asking?

I gave mine a quick wash today. Quick because it is currently 39 degrees outside!

Users Country Flag

So far I have...

- swapped RCD310 for Sony XAV-70BT head unit
    - tinted windows
    - replaced all interior bulbs and rear number plate bulbs with white LED lighting

Still to do...

- upgrade stock speakers
    - replace stock headlight & foglight bulbs with Philips DiamondVision bulbs
    - possibly replace parker bulbs with white LEDs
    - ECU tune (if one ever becomes available!)

Also going to keep an eye out for any air intake and exhaust improvements that become available...
    2010 VW Polo 77TSI Pearl Black, DSG, Sports Pack

Page 1 of 428 1231151101 ... LastLast