Page 415 of 428 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 4276

Thread: What have you done with your Polo so far (and today)

Users Country Flag

So my wife did this he other day:

And I did this:

Final result as good as I could get it:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by najje View Post
    So my wife did this he other day

Wow, impressive Did you just polish it after you sanded it down?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecksigge View Post
    Wow, impressive Did you just polish it after you sanded it down?
    Cheers, I basically got it contoured as best as I could with the die grinder then wet sanded with various grit until smooth. I tried my polishing wheel but it ended up shinier then factory and stranded out so I ended up wet sanding with 800 grit trying to blend it as best I could matching the machined finish.

Hopefully with time the alloy that Ai worked will dull slightly and match the factory finish.. Wishful thinking!!

Quote Originally Posted by najje View Post
    Cheers, I basically got it contoured as best as I could with the die grinder then wet sanded with various grit until smooth. I tried my polishing wheel but it ended up shinier then factory and stranded out so I ended up wet sanding with 800 grit trying to blend it as best I could matching the machined finish.

Hopefully with time the alloy that Ai worked will dull slightly and match the factory finish.. Wishful thinking!!

Yeah well based on the last Picture you posted you can barely see where the damage is!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mi16 Man View Post
    I enjoyed the bead!
    Yeahhh, I love a good bead...

MY18 Passat 206tsi R-Line | Harvard Blue | Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mi16 Man View Post
    And, all calipers and inside of rims got a clean.... Rotated them to... Using the skinny spare helps greatly when rotating opposing corners

I did some thing similar 2 weeks ago

Cleaned, clayed and waxed my wheels and cleaned calipers

What have you done with your Polo so far (and today)-img_20170107_181228-jpg

Users Country Flag
    I did this zero cost mod, removed the weather strip and can confirm more blow off valve noise now! Still missing my turbo spool noise but the BOV sounds good!

Hood Cowl/Weatherstrip Removal: More Turbo Spool Heard - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

Got my interior led lights today. Changed the front dome lights and vanity lights ok. Can't for the life of me pop the rear dome lights. Any tips? Paranoid about breaking something. Everything I've read has advised to be gentle! Got trim removal tools but just can't get the clips to pop.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon View Post
    Got my interior led lights today. Changed the front dome lights and vanity lights ok. Can't for the life of me pop the rear dome lights. Any tips? Paranoid about breaking something. Everything I've read has advised to be gentle! Got trim removal tools but just can't get the clips to pop.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    IIRC I had to pull down really hard on the grey/black plastic housing. There was quite a bit of force required. Try to pry a corner with the trim removal and see if you can get a finger in there to pull down.
    Polo 6R GTI - Candy White | MY12.5 | 5 dr | Weitec Hicon GT | OZ Ultraleggera | SPOC - 1st Four

Quote Originally Posted by danielv10 View Post
    There was quite a bit of force required. Try to pry a corner with the trim removal and see if you can get a finger in there to pull down.
    Thanks mate... might give it another go tonight as the mismatched colours don't sit well with my OCD

Page 415 of 428 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425 ... LastLast