Thread: Turbo Muffler Delete fitted

Users Country Flag

Turbo Muffler Delete fitted

So i got frustrated with the lack of turbo spool when accelerating in the new polo so did a bunch of reading, removed my weatherstrip which helped a little then took the jump and purchased a Burger Motorsports Turbo Muffler Delete from Autoinstruct, as it was on an intro offer for $50 off and thought what the heck, even though the other forums say it doesnt do much i wouldnt be happy until i know i tried.

Arrived nice and quick, did some reading of guides of how to install and they said about taking off the airbox etc, but as it turns out on the new polo its not needed, i could get my hands down the gap, so proceeded to remove the turbo intake pipe and the stock TMD

Slammed the new one in screwed it all together tight

Took it for a spin and to be honest, noticed no difference really at all! Which is kinda what the other forums said so not that annoyed, at least i know i have tried. Some people have said and intake and exhaust and a remap for more boost will give a better turbo spool whistle but as the car is under lease not to keen to do more noticable stuff.

So thats all really.
    2016 MY17 Polo GTI with DA package. TMD fitted + Weather strip and Snow Screen removed otherwise dead standard.

Users Country Flag
    Change the hose to a silicone ( or better quality one) ... I did 3 things in 1 go, TMD, hose and mid resonator replace to a fluted hot dog one, I noticed the difference in the way the turbo spools... and a nice throatier growl from the exhaust.

MY15 Polo GTI - Red - DA Pack
    Harry
    MY15 RED Polo GTI 6C - with DA Pack

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    thanks Harry, have you got any links or names of the hose and mid resonator for me to check out?
    2016 MY17 Polo GTI with DA package. TMD fitted + Weather strip and Snow Screen removed otherwise dead standard.

Users Country Flag

Nope sorry, all done by a local mechanic friend. I know the hot dog was a 3.5" fluted one. Many who removed it totally said it's abit loud so hence the hot dog.

MY15 Polo GTI - Red - DA Pack
    Harry
    MY15 RED Polo GTI 6C - with DA Pack