Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surface rust on new polo

Users Country Flag

Surface rust on new polo

Just washing the car today and noticed some minor surface rust on the car (3days old). It polished out ok, guessing it was from sitting on the docks???

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Just minor rust dots mainly on rear of car. Polished out without too many issues. Ahh the joys of owning a white car again.
    MY11 Polo GTI - Candy White

Probably surface contaminants, did u clay it? Probably a whole lot of crap still stuck in the paint....

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Yep, when I washed my baby last week, a lot of dock side crap came off. Looks great now
    2011 POLO GTI 3dr, Candy White, Audio-Comfort-Xenon Packs
    MODS: H&R Sport Springs - Bilstein B12s - Whiteline Sway Bar - Milltek Cat Back Exhaust - Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

No havent done any polish etc yet. What products and process have you guys done? No idea what a clay is. I only have some meguiars wet look polish.
    MY11 Polo GTI - Candy White

You use even mothers or meguiars stuff from autobarn etc or go for full-on dodo juice clay and born-to-be-slippy clay lube

So I'm after clay polish? Will get some today.

Users Country Flag
    Clay is a small flexible 'pad' (like blu-tack) that you use to rub over the surface of the vehicle, in conjunction with a manufacturers solution (usually provided with the pad in the form of a kit). Ensure that you do not drop the 'clay' onto the ground and that you continually 'turn/fold' the clay to ensure you are presenting the cleanest surface of the pad to the car.

Process requires 1% elbow grease, and in reality, would take less time than a wash/chamois of the same area. The process is a pre-cursor to detailing the duco, removing road and air born contaminants, and providing an improved surface for the polish (of your choice) and wax to do their thing.

I clay'd our .:R32 and the Polo and both vehicles showed significant signs of paint presentation than OEM.

Bottom line....you will be amazed.
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

I cannot believe a dealer sold you a car without removing rust spots!!!!!!!!!

At least our cars have a 12 year anti-corrosion warranty.
    NickZ
    Former ride: MY07 Black Polo GTI
    Current: MY09 Blue Passat R36 Wagon

Yeah, so do ours. Alot of these rust spots aren't actually rust persay, it's more airborne contaminants that are stuck to the paint that are oxidizing, it just shows up more on a white car, good reason to wash it more often

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast