Thread: Help please. Headunit fitting problem, power cable to battery from boot

Users Country Flag

Help please. Headunit fitting problem

Hello people, I have two queries for you today.

I'm a noobie this is my first thread I have embedded a Video of my question instead of pictures, hopefully will give you a better understanding and you can see everything

I'm 17 and got my first car, a vw polo 6r. I ordered a new stereo (JVC KW-AVX730), a subwoofer and a pair of components for the front of the car.

Question 1.) I can't fit the new double din stereo in the hole left by the old double din stereo. (you will see more clearly on the video i made of what i'm talking about.) So i contacted the website which i brought my stuff from, Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers and they sent me a CT23VW01A INSTALLATION KIT FOR 2 DIN (upon looking at it now it says VW Golf v / EOS / Touran / Passat) I can't work out how to install it into my car, there was no instruction manuel on how to fit it so if anyone could please help! refer to the video for a clear view of everything.

Question 2.) I've got the front speakers in and the wiring for the subwoofer is sorted apart from one problem, i can't find where to thread the power wire through to the battery from the interior of the car, the wire is going under the door trim and is currently sat at the passengers feet. (any help there? where could i put it is there already a hole someone or do i need to make one?)

I am very sorry if anything here is confusing i am trying my best to explain it as clearly as possible, Make sure to watch the video, it shows everything clearer.

Thanks | Matt
    Last edited by matthewbenham; 20-06-2011 at 02:02 AM.

OK - what you want to do is to take the face plate with the 4 mounting tabs the same as the OEM stereo.
    The cage then fits inside that, and you should then be able to bend SOME of the tabs on that fit kit up to hold it in place. For mine I think it was the second ones from the outside on the top, and the outside ones on the bottom (was 6 months ago I did mine though).
    You do not use the JVC cage or mounts at all, instead screwing the sliding plates on to the side of the JVC HU. This clever little design allows you to move the HU forward and back in 0.5mm increments to fit it perfectly flush - is not as easy as one might think but you only need to set it once. DO all of these adjustments out of the car - is much easier...
    Good luck, and welcome...
    Al..
    2013 MY13.5 Passat V6 Highline Wagon. Watch this space
    GONE:2017 MY18 Skoda RS169 Wagon w/ Tech & Lux, 2007 VW MKV Golf GTi

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Worked perfectly! thank you so much, so simple when you know how it is done and yet so confusing without. you wouldn't happen to know where the power wire can go either do you?

Thanks! | Matt

Sorry Matt, no idea on the wiring. Didn't end up going the sub route, but best guess would be under the door sills if you have got it into the cabin, that is what I have done in previous cars.
    Glad my instructions made sense - was early (and cold)
    Al..
    2013 MY13.5 Passat V6 Highline Wagon. Watch this space
    GONE:2017 MY18 Skoda RS169 Wagon w/ Tech & Lux, 2007 VW MKV Golf GTi

Users Country Flag
    It's usually easier to feed the power wire from the engine bay to the interior (not the other way around)
    You may need to cut an existing grommet, and this may lead into the back of the dash.
    Then you reach up from the footwell.
    You won't find these holes from inside the car unless you remove the dash.

As for which hole/grommet, i need to leave that for a polo expert.
    I see you're in the UK, have you tried Talk Audio Online Car Audio Magazine & Forum
    The guys there are pretty friendly, I'm sure someone there has worked on a polo befor.
    2010 Golf R - 3dr - Manual - Rising Blue - MDI - SatNav - Milltek TBE

Users Country Flag

Have a look here to run your power cables for the amps:
    [URL="http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/amplifier-install-50755.html"vwwatercooled amplifier install[/URL]

When you lift up the grill (don't need to take the wipers off and all that stuff) you will see some rubber plugs, the power cable needs to go through there. You will need a wire or long screw driver to make a hole in the rubber plug and then to punch through the firewall insulation inside the car. You will need to remove your glove compartment to make things easier.

Hope that helps
    POLO 77TSI DSG 5D - MY11 - REFLEX SILVER - COMFORT PACK
    Engine - K&N Air Filter (e-2997)
    AV - Rockford Fosgate T1652-S , T1652 and P3L-S12 Sub. Alpine MRP-F600 and Alpine MRP-M500, Dynamat
    Planned - lots, but the "financial manager" says NO