Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surface rust on new polo

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thx boys. I willbe giving the dealer a rocket tomora. Bought some mothers clay kit today. Will wash, clay then polish tomora. Excited .

How often should I clay?

Users Country Flag
    IMHO worst case scenario would be every 6 months.....depends on your garage/carport/open plan parking availability. Also (of course) depends on the quality of wash/polish/wax you use and frequency of washing. Plenty of info via the search facility here. Or try the forum linked to Final Inspection (Melbourne)
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

I wash weekly and car is always garaged at home. So you should polish each time after a clay?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by snedden9485 View Post
    I wash weekly and car is always garaged at home. So you should polish each time after a clay?
    yep.

10char
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Suggest you go to the bodywork / detailing section of this forum for some useful info. There are quite a few options available for you. I think a clay every 12 months is sufficient, but doing it every 6 months is fine. Also polishing and waxing are important but in terms of protecting the paint the wax is the key step and you should wax every 3 months, whilst a polish can be done every 12 months when you clay. A good quality sealant would last 12 months if you don't feel like waxing every 3 months.
    NickZ
    Former ride: MY07 Black Polo GTI
    Current: MY09 Blue Passat R36 Wagon

What wax and polish do you guys use? I have meguirs wet look applied with large cotton meguirs pad and buffed with meguirs polishing cloth.

Users Country Flag

I use Meguiars...but all your info will be here.....

Bodywork/Trim & Detailing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12