Thread: Standard boot contents - MY13.5 GTI

Users Country Flag

Standard boot contents - MY13.5 GTI

Hi all

Pretty boring first post from a newbie who has just purchased a virtually new (sub 15k kms) Polo GTI in MY13.5 guise.

Just having a look around the car there is a polystyrene surround for the spare wheel well that has some slots in it that are unoccupied in my car... one has a screw driver in it, but the largest of the slots on the left looks like it should contain a jack is empty. Looking for the jack I think it sits under the wheel itself so I don't think its supposed to be for that....

Can anyone explain or provide a photo of what is actually supposed to be in there?

Thanks!

Tom

Users Country Flag
    My 2017 Polo GTi also has spare slots in the polystyrene boot liner. I store my jumper cables in the big one. In the later model the battery fills the void under the spare wheel. It's been a while, but I only remember seeing a jack, handle, wheel brace, screw driver, tow hook and the wheel locking nut tool in there.

Cheers
    Gary
    Last edited by Sydneykid; 26-03-2018 at 04:51 PM.
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I'll check whats in there at the weekend. Thanks mate.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Jack, wheel nut, brace, weird spring(?) all seem to be there so guess it’s for some other option or variant. Also now I know where the battery is!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS1981 View Post
    Jack, wheel nut, brace, weird spring(?) all seem to be there so guess it’s for some other option or variant. Also now I know where the battery is!
    The "weird spring" is the tool for removing the plastic caps over the wheel bolts.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag

I think the big space is for a collapsible warning triangle; given to owners in Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R