Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: sound actuator Polo GTI

Users Country Flag

I just removed the module. Pretty simple when you follow the instructions provided. I had a little drive, the silence is so good. I will take it for a longer and harder drive tomorrow to see how it sounds.

I taped the head with duct tape and taped it to the holder. It looks like water shouldn't even get into that area, so water shouldn't be an issue.

Users Country Flag
    Review: I love it. Silence when you want to drive around town at low rpm, and a decent amount of noise when you go flat out. I would love some more induction noise, but that should come with an after market intake.

This also allows you to listen to the radio at a lower volume as it isn't competing with the fake engine noise.

Hi everybody!)
    I have skoda octavia a7. It has the same engine as polo gti ea888 gen. 3.
    I'm tired of poor engine sound and want to know is the sound activator in polo gti is the same as golf gti mk7 has?
    I want to try to install it in my car.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by trebret View Post
    Hi everybody!)
    I have skoda octavia a7. It has the same engine as polo gti ea888 gen. 3.
    I'm tired of poor engine sound and want to know is the sound activator in polo gti is the same as golf gti mk7 has?
    I want to try to install it in my car.
    trebret: Здравствуйте!

It seems that soundakator divides folk into two distinct categories: those that love-it, and those that hate-it. Clearly you are in the former class!

I'm not an expert on the Polo, but you might want to consider the following (electrical) aspects before launching into the retrofit project

The Soundaktor is a simple electo-mechanical device - much like a "boom-box" speaker that is attached to a hard surface to make a sound. In this case, the Soundakator uses the car's windscreen as the "speaker diaphragm" to mimic engine noise. It consists for two distinct components: a control module and an actuator (which generates the vibrations on the windshield)

In terms of retrofitting a Soundakator, the vital bit (IMO) is the Soundakor Control Module (which I will abbreviate to SCM for the rest of this post).

If you look at the connector of a SCM, you will find that it has 6 x pins . These pins are arranged electrically as 3 x pairs as follows:
    • Power +ve and ground
    • 2 x pins for the actuator
    • 2 x pins for CAN high and CAN low

IMO, the crucial issue for retrofitting a SCM onto any car (including your Skoda) is the compatibility of the last pin-pair in my list above - not whether "it has the same engine as polo gti ea888 gen. 3"

Forgive my impudence if you know this stuff already, but the lack of wiring from the SCM directly to the engine means that communication of information from the rest of the car to the SCM ( i.e. for engine revs -say) happens entirely via CAN messaging (I think).

If my hypothesis is correct, this also means that the only way that this messaging will occur successfully is if there is a CAN software path from the Engine control module (ECM) to the SCM. Of course, for this CAN software path to exist, there must also be a compatible function within the CAN Gateway module to allow ECM - SCM discussions to occur.

So, what does this all mean - I hear you asking (in Russian, of course)? Well.. it means (I think) that a better approach might be to ensure that the Part number/Software version of the ECU and CAN Gateway on your car is the same as a Skoda that has the Soundakor factory fitted. This will give you confidence that your CAN network has the necessary smarts to allow correct comms for the new function (IMO).

How do you do this - I hear you asking (in Russian, of course)? Well.. I suggest that you look at VCDS auto-scans on the web. You should try to identify those auto-scans that have a module listed @ address hexA9 called Struct. Borne Sound. If you can find VCDS auto-scans with a Soundakor, compare the identity of the ECU (which will be @ address hex01) and the CAN Gateway (which will be @ address hex19) with your car - the important part of the module identity is the listing SW xxx-xxx-xxx HW xxx-xxx-xx-xx. If they are the same as in your car - then congratulations!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 02-06-2017 at 03:41 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread again! Can anyone help with this? i really want to disconnect the sound actuator on my polo 6r but i cant find any images on it!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shabz6r View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread again! Can anyone help with this? i really want to disconnect the sound actuator on my polo 6r but i cant find any images on it!
    Its a black circular plastic device about the size of a hockey puck. On the Golf it is located under the plastic cowl area at the base of the windscreen - i assume the Polo is also located here but dont quote me.

MK7 Golf Sound Aktuator retrofit

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/w...it-104944.html
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678