Support VWWC

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: sound actuator Polo GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Gavs, I was able to find this how-to on making a switch
    It's german but does contain pics so maybe it will get you going in the right direction

6R GTI Soundaktor deaktivieren : [6R] Motor & Technik

Users Country Flag
    This is exactly what I wanted to do, except with the GTI button. Great for long trips!
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

I disconnected mine this evening and went for a drive, oh my god, the engine note on part throttle is just horrible! On decent throttle applications or WOT the note sounds almost the same but I just couldn't stand the horrid noise without it plugged in! Once home, I promptly plugged the unit back in!

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Horrible in what sense?

So it basically makes the engine quieter when unplugged?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BB13 View Post
    Horrible in what sense?

So it basically makes the engine quieter when unplugged?
    The Youtube video in the first post shows the difference the best
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

It sounds like an engine note played through a tin can telephone is the best way to describe it, the you tube shows it revving in neutral, under load it's much worse. To be honest, I couldn't really notice any difference in the amount of engine noise, moreso just the engine note and the removal of the bassy tone that the noise generator creates. I know why they put it there now, let me put it that way

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    It sounds like an engine note played through a tin can telephone is the best way to describe it, the you tube shows it revving in neutral, under load it's much worse. To be honest, I couldn't really notice any difference in the amount of engine noise, moreso just the engine note and the removal of the bassy tone that the noise generator creates. I know why they put it there now, let me put it that way
    The problem is once you are cruising on higher speeds for hours it makes the cabin "uncomfortable". My passengers have commented on this before and I thought its the tyres or sound insulation problem.

If you have a upgraded intake system I feel its better induction sound then that mechanical vibration.

Last but not the least removing that device solve my A pillar vibrations on certain rpm and load.

VW should have made that switch there in the first place and label it as Sports Mode or integrate it with the DSG S mode.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinctr View Post
    The problem is once you are cruising on higher speeds for hours it makes the cabin "uncomfortable". My passengers have commented on this before and I thought its the tyres or sound insulation problem.

If you have a upgraded intake system I feel its better induction sound then that mechanical vibration.

Last but not the least removing that device solve my A pillar vibrations on certain rpm and load.

VW should have made that switch there in the first place and label it as Sports Mode or integrate it with the DSG S mode.
    So without it installed it sounds worse. That's weird I would think it would be there to soften the actual sound of the supercharger.

I would like to test it out...

Ok update. I tired and dear God I couldn't for the life of me get the damn thing unplugged... that weird lever thingy is pretty damn hard to pull out I ended up snapping the whole thing off and still couldn't get the plug out... made it a lot worse now!

Think you need more detailed instructions....Gavs can you tell us how you did it so easy?
    Last edited by Bassik; 27-05-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    GOLF GTI MY11 ADIDAS Candy White, Sunroof
    GOLF GTI 40th ED, White with Sunroof

It's a weird lock... you slide the clip sideways and pull straight out at the same time. Very hard if you have large arms that can barely fit in there in the first place, like I do

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ian.perry View Post
    It's a weird lock... you slide the clip sideways and pull straight out at the same time. Very hard if you have large arms that can barely fit in there in the first place, like I do
    Well I wouldn't say I have biggish hands but it's definitely a difficult task. I couldn't even get the clip out with a screw driver. Now like I said the units out and I'm unable to rejig back into place.
    GOLF GTI MY11 ADIDAS Candy White, Sunroof
    GOLF GTI 40th ED, White with Sunroof

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast