Thread: Self Learn Reset on 2013 GTI

Users Country Flag

Self Learn Reset on 2013 GTI

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is an easy way (without Vagcom or Dealer) to reset the learn codes, as I think (feels) that my GTI has knocked back the timing, after I had a a bit of a rough running issue.

Thought it was a Coil, but after I cleaned and re-oiled the Air Filter, the miss appears to have gone... 2-2.5k rpm and stationary at lights in Manual D mode on DSG... mostly when car was almost warm actually.

Was shuddering (stuttering) a little though the lower gears at 2 - 3k rpm. I did see four flashes of the Yellow ECM light too... but nothing since.

So, the main reason I feel that the ignition has been retarded (or Mixture changed) a little is that the car used to be all Induction noise when it first starts in the morning... and it isn't anymore. Also, it seems to not be as responsive anymore.

Was hoping, I could disconnect the battery and jump on the brakes for a bit and that would reset the self learn function.

Am I dreaming ?
    Owner and Operator of 2013 Polo GTI - Sunroof - Xenons - Reflex Silver
    APR Stage 2 Tune - HP Carbon Airbox - Jetex Stainless Cat Back Exhaust - APR I/C
    Plus a few other bits and pieces.

Users Country Flag
    Get a cheap code reader for it.

Without knowing exactly why the CEL came on, you're flying blind.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks... I might do that, although many dont reset codes do they, so I will have a number (if logged) and not much else.

Any recommendations... I see a Kincrome one is reasonable and Endeavour tooling have a few too.

Cheers

Users Country Flag

SUpercheap has them as well.

Most will clear the codes too, from the engine at least.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0