Support VWWC

Thread: POLO RNS510 unit

POLO RNS510 unit

Hi,

I have just put a RNS510 in my polo R-Line, it came out of a Skoda and has the Skoda splash screen.

Does anybody know how I can change this, I have tried using the netdata tool but it doesn't seem to be working.

has anybody got another way of doing it or have an ISO they could send me?

Thank you in advance.

TheLad

I believe there's an 'app' to do this in OBDEleven or could to it long winded way I assume.

So I managed to find and download an existing boot screen that someone had created, I Burned it to a DVD-RW disk and the 510 seemed to have accepted it and completed the changes. The only issue I have now is that when the system boots up it gives me a error saying I need to insert the disk again as the ISO can't be found.

I have just done another disk with a download and I will report back once I have tried to install this one.

on the plus side I have managed to remove the Skoda boot up logo from the head unit, Just need to get the VW one installed now.

Cheers

TheLad

Okay quick update, I managed to get the netdata tool to work and the splash screen has been update. I ended up using panasonic DVD-RW.