Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Polo 7 Speed DSG Mechatronic and/or Clutch Failures - Please... please share yours !

Users Country Flag

I had clutches replaced under warranty in my MY13.5 Polo GTI when I had done 50k kms.

Ben

Current
    2015 Polo GTI manual
    2018 Golf GTI Original manual

Previous
    2014 Polo GTI DSG
    2013 Golf GTI DSG
    2006 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup manual
    2006 Golf GTI manua
    2005 Golf 2.0 TSI manual
    2001 Astra SRi manual
    2000 Pulsar SSS manual
    1998 Pulsar SLX auto
    1991 Pulsar GL manual
    1981 Subaru Leone auto
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag
    Interesting that Ford Australia have been given a $10mn fine over poor gear boxes and high failure rates. I understand tehy are to repair or replace gear boxes or replace the car itself. I don't know the ins and outs but that seems to be a worse case and was not dealt with well.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS1981 View Post
    Interesting that Ford Australia have been given a $10mn fine over poor gear boxes and high failure rates. I understand tehy are to repair or replace gear boxes or replace the car itself. I don't know the ins and outs but that seems to be a worse case and was not dealt with well.
    The fine was for "unconscionable conduct", not for not fixing cars. The unconscionable conduct was in relation to their Owner Loyalty Program, which in breached customer rights under Australian Consumer Law. Whether they fixed the cars or not is almost irrelevant, of course not fixing the cars brought the issues with their Owner Loyalty Program to light. Repairing, replacing, refunding etc are Consumer (Common) Law rights and can't be taken away by an Owner Loyalty Program, whether the customer signs it or not.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag
    I have a 2013 polo GTI. recently started slipping in 1st / 2nd gear. Mechanic says its the start of the transmission dying. Its done 99000 kms and will probably only go about another 40k before a replacement is needed. He said he replaced one recently at the cost of about 7k and its easier to put a new one in than try fix it. I'll be trading it in before then. Not sure how much better the newer DSG transmissions are, but I'm thinking of going to a regular manual polo and saving myself the hassle of a dodgy gearbox again.

Users Country Flag

Newer ones are much better but i agree if you like driving a manual its the way to go the 7 speed dry box was always going to be hard pressed in a gti roll with spirited driving
    The new gti polo has the wet clutch 6 speed which if serviced every 60k is almost bulletproof been around since 2004
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234