Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Polo 6R braking thread (Mainly GTI/Diesel)

Users Country Flag

Slightly off topic but I have found pretty much from day one of picking up my MY13 Gti that the brake pedal to be very 'spongy'. I can almost press the thing half way down to the floor before it becomes 'solid'. I had a diesel loaner from vedub a few weeks ago & the brake pedal was rock hard only a few cm's into its travel. I only really noticed the difference once jumping back into my car & pulling out of the service centre carpark. I asked one of the mechanics on my way out why it was so & he explained that the diesels & petrol engine have a different way of getting vacuum for the brake booster, hence the different pedal feel which kinda makes sense.
    Do you think changing the brake assist value through VCDS would help me get a more solid pedal or will I need to change pads? I would consider taking it back to Vedub to get them to check it out if I know its not normal, but I don't want to get my car scratched again

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    I don't know what brake issues you are talking about melon head because the people that have been complaining about the rotors on their cars all have 77TSI polos and the 77TSI doesn't have the XDL.

Readerr0r, the brake assist channel will be the same so try and see of its available....
    Yeah no worries. I came in late and just skimmed through the thread. I thought because it is a GTI thread, that the issues were all GTI braking issues

I was referring to posts 8, 22, and I suppose yours.
    I have driven cars on tracks and never had serious issues with brakes, so I was a little surprised to hear of such issues in a relatively light car
    Last edited by Melon Head; 06-12-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I don't know what brake issues you are talking about melon head because the people that have been complaining about the rotors on their cars all have 77TSI polos and the 77TSI doesn't have the XDL.

Readerr0r, the brake assist channel will be the same so try and see of its available....
    I tried some time ago and had no joy. Any other 77TSI owners had a go at this?

Polo 6R braking thread (Mainly GTI/Diesel)

Quote Originally Posted by DETROITCANDY View Post
    Slightly off topic but I have found pretty much from day one of picking up my MY13 Gti that the brake pedal to be very 'spongy'. I can almost press the thing half way down to the floor before it becomes 'solid'. I had a diesel loaner from vedub a few weeks ago & the brake pedal was rock hard only a few cm's into its travel. I only really noticed the difference once jumping back into my car & pulling out of the service centre carpark. I asked one of the mechanics on my way out why it was so & he explained that the diesels & petrol engine have a different way of getting vacuum for the brake booster, hence the different pedal feel which kinda makes sense.
    Do you think changing the brake assist value through VCDS would help me get a more solid pedal or will I need to change pads? I would consider taking it back to Vedub to get them to check it out if I know its not normal, but I don't want to get my car scratched again
    You could change the setting and it might make it better but if the pedal is that spongy I'd get it looked at. You might have a vacuum leak or something...

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Anyone know the part number for the Remsa brakes front and back?
    GOLF GTI MY11 ADIDAS Candy White, Sunroof
    GOLF GTI 40th ED, White with Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    So I ordered these and they arrived today, perfect B'day present. Now I hope these are the right model as I couldn't find it anywhere on the net. Will be getting installed next year.

GOLF GTI MY11 ADIDAS Candy White, Sunroof
    GOLF GTI 40th ED, White with Sunroof

if wanna do 6r gti front brake conversion on my 77tsi, do i need to change the master cylinder as well?

Should I order the aftermarket BBK specifically for the Audi TT Mk1 or VW Golf Mk4 if I intend to fix them onto the VW Polo 6R GTI?

Found out that the TT has a small spigot size and the Golf Mk4 has the same spigot size as Polo 6R.

Will a standard BBK for Golf Mk4 bolt onto the PGTI nicely? The distance between the 2 mounting bolts are the same?

I suspect the only difference is length of the brake hoses.

Anybody can verify? I guess only those Alcon and Tarox users and dealers knows the answer?

Users Country Flag

Otay, everybody's brains still working ok? Good

Put simply, a wise man once said to me "The best braking package you can have is the smallest you can get away with, without compromising performance."

So, with that in mind, aside from the previously mentioned pads and fluid upgrades, what can we, as 6R polo owners look at? Well, I'll start with the other petrol powered models first, the 1.4 and 1.2TSI models.

First, if you want to go at all bigger, you need these:

These are the front spindles off any VAG car that runs the bigger, sliding caliper setups including TDI and GTI 6R polos. These do not have the carriers for the calipers, so you can bolt on the bigger carriers off the TT, you can bolt on some 4 piston porsche clipers, hell, you can go for these bad boys!

These front spindles won't fit Polo 6r. They have different ABS system. I already tried them and it won't work. Now I bought spindles from Polo 6r 1.6 TDI CAYC (105 HP) and those fit perfectly.

I just updated to 288 brake discs, from 256. Next week, rear brakes will follow

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast