Support VWWC

Thread: Polo 6C GTI Radio Fascia Trim available for 8" Display?

Users Country Flag

Polo 6C GTI Radio Fascia Trim available for 8" Display?

Looking into a retrofit MIB with CarPlay. does the polo 6c gti have a part number or is even a part available for the Fascia Trim for the 8" Display?

if not I can just purchase the brains and use my original 6.5" display.

looking at part numbers the best bet would be to go for the 3Q0 035 874 A?

3Q0 035 844 NAR USA, Non-Nav, SE, Composition Media
    3Q0 035 878 NAR USA, Non-Nav, SE, Composition Media
    3Q0 035 876 NAR USA, Navi,
    3G0 035 047 NAR Canada, Navi
    3Q0 035 846 Australia
    3G0 035 020 B - DAB + and with comfort telephony with wireless
    3G0 035 043 B - without DAB + but with comfort telephony with wireless
    3G0 035 021 B - DAB + and with rSAP
    3G0 035 044 B - without DAB + but with rSAP

Discover Media
    Device 3Q0 035 846 - Without DAB +, but everything else possible - online service, comfort telephony, etc.
    Device 3Q0 035 846 A - Without DAB +, but everything else possible - online service, comfort telephony, etc. and digital sound
    Device 3Q0 035 866 A - Without DAB +, but with telephone preparation
    Device 3Q0 035 874 A - DAB + and everything else possible - online service, comfort telephony, etc.

Thanks all
    Last edited by Evo*; 26-09-2017 at 06:35 AM.

The 6C never came from factory with an 8" display, 6.5" is the largest you'll find.

Do you have MIB 1 or 2? (edit: if for some reason you have MIB 2 but no CarPlay - this can be coded in but not via VCDS/OBD11 but through a dealer activation code which some people have cracked and can do for free - maybe post a photo of your current display?)

The part numbers you're listing look a bit off as it lists NAR market cars where the 6C has never been sold.

That said, to retrofit an MIB 2 'brains' you'll need to upgrade your screen to match the resolution of MIB 2 as well as get component protection removed from the MIB 2 unit.

Do-able, just difficult.
    Last edited by point; 26-09-2017 at 02:19 PM.
    2018 Golf 7.5 110TSi Comfortline | Drivers Assistance Package | Retrofitted: Traffic Jam Assist | Emergency Assist II | Light Assist | OEM Vienna Leather Sports Seats with full Highline Interior | Power Folding Mirrors

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    The 6C never came from factory with an 8" display, 6.5" is the largest you'll find.

Do you have MIB 1 or 2? (edit: if for some reason you have MIB 2 but no CarPlay - this can be coded in but not via VCDS/OBD11 but through a dealer activation code which some people have cracked and can do for free - maybe post a photo of your current display?)

The part numbers you're listing look a bit off as it lists NAR market cars where the 6C has never been sold.

That said, to retrofit an MIB 2 'brains' you'll need to upgrade your screen to match the resolution of MIB 2 as well as get component protection removed from the MIB 2 unit.

Do-able, just difficult.
    thanks for the info mate. I got offered an mid ii brains activated and cp removed. so will give that a shot with my current 6.5 display. see how it goes.

here is my unit. I'm not 100% sure which it is. I have removal keys in the post. so until I can look on the rear here is some photos.
    from what I have discovered my car is early 2015, which apparently is not included with the CarPlay roll out... I don't even have the app-connect menu icon, only the mirror link.

Could you point me in the direction of activation for my current unit? I haven't come across this information before. thanks =)

Found out my part number. mib 2 std2 zr +/nav 3Q0 035 864
    Last edited by Evo*; 27-09-2017 at 06:20 PM.