Support VWWC

Thread: polo 66tsi to 81 tsi ecu settings

polo 66tsi to 81 tsi ecu settings

As far as im aware there is no physical difference between the 66tsi engine and the 81 tsi. So im assuming the
    extra power comes from more boost/ more aggressive mapping. Does any one know if there local vw dealer
    will reflash the 66 tsi with the 81 tsi settings for a small fee.( yes im aware companys like apr do a remap).
    If so and you would rather not say out loud , pm. thanks pw

Users Country Flag
    All ECU flashes by the dealer are VIN-specific and are sourced from the servers in Germany online. So no, the dealer can't do it.

Best bet is an aftermarket flash.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Is the vin number actually stored in the ecu ? No way round it by giving the vin number from a 81 tsi ?

Sorry if I seem ignorant about vw s my other cars have been either Nissan’s or Honda’s . This is my first euro

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, VIN is stored in the ECU.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

So stupid question time , what happens if an ecu dies or was damaged . You can’t use and ecu from another car or can the vin number be changed in the ecu . Couldn’t I get a ecu from a 81 tsi and have my vin number and
    Imboliser code swapped over from my ecu .

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    So stupid question time , what happens if an ecu dies or was damaged . You can’t use and ecu from another car or can the vin number be changed in the ecu . Couldn’t I get a ecu from a 81 tsi and have my vin number and
    I'm far from an expert on what you can or cannot do in terms of changing ECUs etc. but it sure sounds much quicker, simpler and probably less costly to get your existing ECU re-mapped.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    The other thing is Germany reads the part number out of the ECU.

If your current ECU has died, you need to replace it with one of the same part number. The dealer goes online to Germany via their diagnositc equipment, retrieves a pin code which allows the diagnostic computor to sync the ECU to the immobiliser. If you try and sync the wrong ECU, it won't work. Everything including software version, needs to be correct for the car.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

contact dna tunig