Thread: Polo 2015 gti - Tow Bar options

Users Country Flag

Polo 2015 gti - Tow Bar options

Hi all,

I have read all the posts i could fin, but actually never seen someone fitting a tow bar on a Polo GTI 2015 (Australia).

• VW does not make a genuine one
    • Westfalia makes one that "should fit"
    • Hayman Reese make one but cannot guarantee it will fit

I'm trying to find one that ideally fits with a minimum amount of visible bumber cut. Has anyone here ever had / seen one fitted ? Any opinion on the two tow bar i listed ?
    Finally, am i correct in thinking fitting the electrical wiring requires ECU coding ? does this mean only VW can do this installation ?

Thank you for your help

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    For all it can pull is it worth the money
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

You can tow 500kg unbraked. If you've got a use for it yes. Bunnings have free trailer hire to take stuff home. I've towed a small camper trailer.

The one thing that's overpriced is the trailer module. It does check your lights for you so i guess thats handy. Oh geez I just looked at the price of that westfalia towbar. I paid $270 for the wiring kit from westfalia and $335 for the Hayman Reese towbar.

You can get someone other than VW to do the coding. I'm pretty sure Australia Towbars have recommended fitters in Sydney. I did everything myself it's a bit of a pain.

Heres some pics of mine. Although its a 66tsi not a gti. You'd have to compare the rear bumpers to see if a Hayman would fit.
    Attachment 31611
    Attachment 31612