Page 1 of 181 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

New Polo problems - Register

Alrighty, had the car 2 weeks, and this is where it's at. Within the first week, found out one of the keys won't open the boot (ie boot release button not working). An annoying rattle has developed in the engine bay when accelerating under load. And finally, last night the climate control has failed - which is brilliant when it's pissing down in rain and you can't de-mist the windscreen. I'm sitting in the VW waiting room as we speak, whilst they look at what the problem is. When I mean failure, I mean, no fan, no temperature control, complete failure, the LCD works, and the buttons light up when you press them, but that's it.

I tried to check the fuse only to find in the manual "fuse diagrams were not available at the time of printing". WTF??? So if any fuse blows, you're driving to the dealership people...
    Last edited by Transporter; 18-02-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Change title.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cjeff View Post
    I tried to check the fuse only to find in the manual "fuse diagrams were not available at the time of printing". WTF??? So if any fuse blows, you're driving to the dealership people...
    Haha, that's a classic! How much confidence do you have in the rest of the manual...

Users Country Flag
    Now that sucks!!

Did they fix this and did they say it will happen to all of them or just urs?

Did you ask for an updated manual aswell.

Users Country Flag
    I have now heard a few people mention the rattle under acceleration, I wonder if this is a common issue?

Users Country Flag
    today the first time i saw couple of warning lights , including ecu and other warning lights came up... for no reason, and while the light came on, I can hear some strange rubbling noise from the engine, and engine rev is unsteady all the suddent... something is going on and I dont know why. I wonder what happened, i choose not to take to dealer yet, want to see when it happens again next. But I hope this doesnt happen while im on the freeway.

i test drove a 77tsi DSG & Manual today here in Perth.

When revving the DSG, I noticed the engine rattle you speak of Jeff. It was on the right hand side of the car.

I didn't notice it in the manual (which I drove second, so was looking out for it) although that isn't conclusive, however maybe it is related to the dsg box?

Both cars had done circa 150kms.

What box is yours Jeff?

Cheers,
    Brad

guys, you might have to go fishing around a bit in the polo 9n3 section and search for rattles and fixes in there, it could be a throwback problem that has been addressed there and thus might not be brought up so quickly here, in the 6R section [some of the forum members get quite uppity about repetition/ people asking questions instead of spending days on search].

good luck!

all i can say is, if you've bought a new polo, be it dsg or manual, petrol or diesel, wait for it to warm up nice and properly [ive got a 9n3 diesel and my standard warmup time on ~70km/h roads is 10kms on the trip meter].

once its nice and warm, thrash the CRAP out of it. as taken from the club:

The reason for this is to keep the turbo on boost, clear the VNT guide vanes and apply firm pressure to the rings for optimal sealing against blow-by gasses. The rings need the boost to seal since its a turbo charged engine, babying the engine is detrimental and will lead to issues with compression if done so for very long.

it also helps un-earth any early life failure issues well within the warranty period, if there are any.

Ok, so the aircon was fixed relatively easy. Turned out to be a loose plug in Athens engine bay. As for the rattle- this car is a manual. The rattle is on the drivers side, somewhere under the firewall area. It only happens under load/acceleration. It only seems to do it once the engine is warm, but not definite on that, as I only drive lightly until the engine is warm. It's annoying but not to concerned, it's under warranty and is booked in again for them to fix it.

Cheers - Craig

Good to hear Jeff!

Still a worry about the engine rattle. Given I noticed it over here in Perth, maybe it is a widespread issue from the factory?

Or maybe it is within spec.

I guess will have to wait and see what VW say.

Users Country Flag

I have noticed the rattle is on my car as well. Has anyone heard anything from VW yet?

Page 1 of 181 1231151101 ... LastLast