Support VWWC

Page 65 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by readerr0r View Post
    Had the Polo put up on a hoist and inspected today. Apparently the rusting was caused by the salted roads in Germany during the winter. There's some sort of special VW kit to clean it all off which they will apply and then if that doesn't work, they'll replace any affected part.
    So if you have a Polo built around Jan or Feb, it's worth having a look under it for anything nasty.
    Appreciate you posting about this rust issue, sorry it's on your new car though
    this was added to our pre delivery check list as we picked up the rocket today (11 mths, 6 days)
    No rust, but some dirt patches were there, ran hand over area to see colour....brown.
    cleaning it off tomorrow......then off for a day out cruising in the Polo
    Current ride..MY10 Golf MkVI GTI | 5 dr | CW | < DSG >| Leather| Dynaudio | Sensors | Tint | R tails
    Current ride...MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI | 5 dr | CW | Xenons | Alcantara Leatherette /4

If you read your owners manual you will see that the car has a 10 or 12 year rust warranty. I hope this is being properley rectified, not just wiped over.

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    If you read your owners manual you will see that the car has a 10 or 12 year rust warranty. I hope this is being properley rectified, not just wiped over.
    Yeah I'll be getting them to look over it when ever it's in for a service. They've also taken photos and documented it and promised that if the cleaner doesn't work any part with problems will be replaced. He pointed out other areas with issues too (mostly on the wheels), so it's not just the exhaust. All in all they're taking it seriously and not letting it slide.
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GTI mk6 View Post
    Appreciate you posting about this rust issue, sorry it's on your new car though
    this was added to our pre delivery check list as we picked up the rocket today (11 mths, 6 days)
    No rust, but some dirt patches were there, ran hand over area to see colour....brown.
    cleaning it off tomorrow......then off for a day out cruising in the Polo
    Congrats on the new car!! Bet you couldn't wait to take it out. Post up some pics please

It seems my car's exhaust has less soot deposit after my oil top up. Before, after every drive there'd be black patches of soot on the tips but now it just looks like normal dirt/grime from the road. So fingers crossed everything settles down.
    Polo 6R GTI - Candy White | MY12.5 | 5 dr | Weitec Hicon GT | OZ Ultraleggera | SPOC - 1st Four

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by danielv10 View Post
    Congrats on the new car!! Bet you couldn't wait to take it out. Post up some pics please

It seems my car's exhaust has less soot deposit after my oil top up. Before, after every drive there'd be black patches of soot on the tips but now it just looks like normal dirt/grime from the road. So fingers crossed everything settles down.
    Thanks danielv10 LOL, couldn't wait to pick it up!!
    been out cruising today and again tomorrow, looks good next to the Golf (his n hers) haha.

Will post some pics when I get some decent ones and figure out how to upload them, is photobucket the way to go?
    Regarding soot deposit......what brand of 98 are you using?
    Current ride..MY10 Golf MkVI GTI | 5 dr | CW | < DSG >| Leather| Dynaudio | Sensors | Tint | R tails
    Current ride...MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI | 5 dr | CW | Xenons | Alcantara Leatherette /4

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GTI mk6 View Post
    Thanks danielv10 LOL, couldn't wait to pick it up!!
    been out cruising today and again tomorrow, looks good next to the Golf (his n hers) haha.

Will post some pics when I get some decent ones and figure out how to upload them, is photobucket the way to go?
    Regarding soot deposit......what brand of 98 are you using?
    Can't wait for some pics of your cars side by side. They'd look awesome next to each other. I use flickr to host my files as. Photobucket should do the job too

I've been using BP Ultimate since the first fill. And only been to my one local BP too, so maybe it's slowly getting better (fingers crossed).
    Polo 6R GTI - Candy White | MY12.5 | 5 dr | Weitec Hicon GT | OZ Ultraleggera | SPOC - 1st Four

Users Country Flag
    Another BP ultimate user here too

Bluetooth (not the dodgy one that they slap on the dash, but a proper installed one) has died again.

Second time. Not happy.

And the engine sound amplifier is starting to vibrate too.....

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Car booked in - added a few things to the list (when in Rome).

He told me there is a campaign out on the DSG - a software update so I'll be getting that too.....!
    Polo GTI - 5 door - Candy White, Xenons, Comfort Package, Audio Upgrade, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors and Tint

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    That would probably be the faulty bluetooth (3rd party, fitted by the dealer before I bought the car) that remains active even after the car is turned off. I'm still trying to get the manufacturer to arrange the fix.
    Faulty bluetooth module replaced and everything is working fine now. A big thanks to the guys at BDL for doing the replacement on behalf of the manufacturers/importer of the product.

Users Country Flag

One of my foglights is staying on (drivers side) when the main lights are on, not parkers, just started doing this on Tuesday.

Booked in for next Thursday to have this looked at and the fuel line rattle fixed at the same time. Also getting my 1st service done (about a month early) anything I should be telling them to look at closely.

Otherwise the car is great and I and my wife have been very happy with it.
    Sword Dude

2011 77 TSI Polo manual Flash Red with Sport Pack
    2014 (MY15) 125 TDI Superb Outdoor 4x4

Page 65 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast