Support VWWC

Page 61 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lock & Load View Post
    There has to be something on draining your Battery flat leaving a car for even a few days should not cause a flat battery .
    That would probably be the faulty bluetooth (3rd party, fitted by the dealer before I bought the car) that remains active even after the car is turned off. I'm still trying to get the manufacturer to arrange the fix.

Users Country Flag
    Have done 11300kms in my GTI Polo 6T 2012, and the engine whilst idling at red lights or parked is shaking a lot. You can feel the car shaking in your seat. Is this normal!???
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MJKooLio View Post
    Have done 11300kms in my GTI Polo 6T 2012, and the engine whilst idling at red lights or parked is shaking a lot. You can feel the car shaking in your seat. Is this normal!???
    No its not normal , could be fouled spark plugs , timing is out check your ignition leads and coils .
    Take it to your VW dealer /mechanic hopefully its not running on 3 cylinders .

Quote Originally Posted by MJKooLio View Post
    I get this as well (to a degree) but it's not all the time and it's only a slight shake. It's like it's idling rough - or it feels a little like when you have a cold start and the car is a bit rough until it warms up a bit.
    Polo GTI - 5 door - Candy White, Xenons, Comfort Package, Audio Upgrade, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors and Tint

This is supposedly due to burning off the matter that acumulates in the exhaust system, specifically the catalytic converter. If it is shaking A LOT, then no, it's not normal. It should feel like a slight miss at start up.

These motors are known to have dodgy spark plugs that can lead to coil-pack failure. I'd get it checked asasp and then replace the plugs with NGK iridiums. Revo Technic in europe won't tune a 6R gti unless it has these or the Denso plugs put in because they have way too many issues with cars that have the original plugs in them.
    Last edited by gavs; 26-04-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Gavs do you have the part number for the NGK or Denso plugs?

I remember reading before somewhere in a past post its the gap in the factory spark plug thats too big or something thats causing issues right?

Users Country Flag
    ok so due to the recall during diagnostics the gearboxed seized.

They have decided to install a new gearbox, twin clutch set.

New turbo - original has hairline fractures.

New Airconditioner unit (failure of unit/air was contaminated...great).

New Wastegate actuator.

Will be picking the car up tomorrow apparently...go figure? how the hell do they have the parts?

Maybe they're preparing for the backlash of the poor build Quality from SA (MK5 golf nudge nudge)...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_bzr View Post
    Gavs do you have the part number for the NGK or Denso plugs?

I remember reading before somewhere in a past post its the gap in the factory spark plug thats too big or something thats causing issues right?

NGK Iridium IX BKR7EIX

Users Country Flag
    Been recommended to bring the car into the dealership for them to have a properly look at what the issue is of te car shaking. He said it was noticeable, we obviously!!!!! The car, it seems even shakes and feels funny when driving at freeway speeds, it's as if the car is revving up and down but nothin on the dials is moving but it's not if your accelerating or de. Could be spark plug as said in forums.... Too the dealer man/service guy said there is a recall on my gearbox on the Polo GTI, oh how wonderful! Car is being dropped off Friday (today) morniing
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Users Country Flag

Ok wow I'm looking at getting a Polo GTI today, these issues are making me think it's prone to problems. What recalls have there been already with this car? Are these just lemons or am I going to have the same issues?

Page 61 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast