Page 75 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

Users Country Flag

Purge flow thingo has been updated via computer machine at VW and they found a cable broken going to the manifold or something rather and they are replacing it now so I'll have my car back in few mins... Since bringing the car in last Friday, then connecting the computer to it and telling me to come back on Monday, the engine light being on all weekend the car drove out f here perfectly fine! Not jitteriness/jerking of the engine whilst driving! It was fine! So now let's see how we go but it should be a-Okay!
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Users Country Flag
    Hi everyone, we have had our polo (66tdi manual) for about a year now and it has been fine until about last month, when it started to not feel quite the same. Sometimes when the engine's cold, it will produce so little power that it can't even get up our driveway! Also, it has stalled randomly at roundabouts, in neutral, not even touching the clutch. It's done this about three times. Grrrr. I've also noticed that occasionally when going down a hill in 2nd, and then putting your foot on the clutch, the revs go from wherever it was when you were in second, to normal idle, then dips way below idle, then way back up over 1000 rpm, then back to normal again. What is causing this? Is it something to do with the ECU?
    Also, the brakes warped around the 15000 km mark and my mum refuses to get them fixed (we're at 42000 kms now!) when braking from about 60 km/h the whole car, and steering column will shake really violently. I'm really pissed off at mum actually. I hate to think what all this excessive vibration has done to other components.
    We also have an Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2 JTS. it has been way more reliable than our polo. Have the Germans really fallen down on their job so much that a 5 year old Alfa is more reliable? VW really needs to stop thinking just about profit margins, and maybe think about quality control, and better customer service.

Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaescht View Post
    Hi everyone, we have had our polo (66tdi manual) for about a year now and it has been fine until about last month, when it started to not feel quite the same. Sometimes when the engine's cold, it will produce so little power that it can't even get up our driveway! Also, it has stalled randomly at roundabouts, in neutral, not even touching the clutch. It's done this about three times. Grrrr. I've also noticed that occasionally when going down a hill in 2nd, and then putting your foot on the clutch, the revs go from wherever it was when you were in second, to normal idle, then dips way below idle, then way back up over 1000 rpm, then back to normal again. What is causing this? Is it something to do with the ECU?
    Also, the brakes warped around the 15000 km mark and my mum refuses to get them fixed (we're at 42000 kms now!) when braking from about 60 km/h the whole car, and steering column will shake really violently. I'm really pissed off at mum actually. I hate to think what all this excessive vibration has done to other components.
    Dude, that's just dangerous. Sounds like you should just go and book the car in for her. I'm going to have to do the same with my girlfriend's car, been trying to convince her that the engine oil has long since turned to sludge and what it means for the longevity of the engine, she doesn't seem to get it, or care (sigh).

Users Country Flag
    Door seals flexing outwards, chemical spotting on the door seals.

Service centre doing the following:

* Replacing all door seals
    * Install missing front right hand door firewall (was missing since delivery?!?!)
    * Rear rattle identified as gas compressor for hatch back needs tightening
    * Sub frame has hairline crack to which I cannot drive the car (New Subframe and steering system ordered).
    * Engine roughness at cold start (investigating if its one of the engine servos, alternator etc before decision is made).
    * Complete oil change
    * New clutch kit
    * Investigating gearbox for damage/failure if damaged/failed replacement will be installed.

Sounds like a lot of trouble to me...and to think...most of it falls back to the factory in South Africa...just like the MK5 Golf...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gusman View Post
    Dude, that's just dangerous. Sounds like you should just go and book the car in for her. I'm going to have to do the same with my girlfriend's car, been trying to convince her that the engine oil has long since turned to sludge and what it means for the longevity of the engine, she doesn't seem to get it, or care (sigh).
    I know, and I wish I could just book it in for her. Oh well, one day she'll learn...

Quote Originally Posted by alexaescht View Post
    I know, and I wish I could just book it in for her. Oh well, one day she'll learn...
    that's not the kind of lesson you'd want your mum learning the hard way. If the car has been serviced by a mechanic with any conscience they shouldn't release the car after servicing without a legal waiver.

There's validity in concern as to why the rotors are warped in the first place. Even after 40,000km and plenty of track days, my stock rotors and pads were ok.

Might be worth grabbing some new rotors from one the forum providers as they'll be cheaper than any dealership.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Really I don't understand VW... Chinese 1.4 TSI engines all breaking down (mine aswell), South African factory with poor build quality leading to faulty components...

What's the point? Intead of making 1000 good parts they make 10000... But 9800 out of 10000 have to be replaced.

Ok tonight after being stuck in heavy traffic for awhile - when taking off DSG is now shuddering in D2.... what is painful though is it isn't consistent! Like out of 6 starts it happened 4 times? Didn't seem to matter if it was on hill or flat.

Anyone else had this?? Have to see how it goes the next few weeks as I can't do anything about it as am going away.

Users Country Flag
    Oh no, on the way home tonight I noticed the 'death rattle'. I don't think I heard it before because the diesel's so loud, but if you listen really closely it's definitely there. Also, in diesel's what is the main part of the engine that makes so much noise when it's cold? Is it the fuel pump or something else? When it's cold it sounds like a bucket of loose bolts.

Thanks,
    Alex.

Users Country Flag

The diesel engine is noisy when cold because of a bad self-combustion...

Update on oil consumption problem on GTIs: in Italy VW has just started the modification to oil separator. Owners that have already done the consumption test are called by the dealer to let the car in the workshop for a day...

Let's see if there will be some improvements...
    Last edited by kawabanga; 26-07-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Page 75 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast