Support VWWC

Page 67 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MJKooLio View Post
    Get the rattle fixed guys! A few people have this issue it's the sound amplifier
    Yeah it looks like mine is starting to do it too, more so when the engine is cold (more vibration i guess). 1700K's on the clock
    Last edited by readerr0r; 28-05-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Users Country Flag
    Had this vibration continually there from day one even under light engine load, thanks to guru Gav we established it was to do with the sound actuator.
    Gav disconnected it, vibration gone, reconnected it vibration was back......

Now it gets weird.....next morning vibration suddenly not there and so far 7 days on still hasn't returned?
    Hope it stays away
    Last edited by GTI mk6; 28-05-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Current ride..MY10 Golf MkVI GTI | 5 dr | CW | < DSG >| Leather| Dynaudio | Sensors | Tint | R tails
    Current ride...MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI | 5 dr | CW | Xenons | Alcantara Leatherette /4

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword_Dude View Post
    Car dropped off today, the dealer says the fuel line rattle is actually Airconditioner line (I don't care what it is so long as its fixed).

Also there is a service campaign with a software update and Turbo spacers, we'll see how it goes when I get it back this afternoon.

cheers
    Rattle is fixed, they discovered it was the fuel line after all, so we are silent at idle (bliss) full on stealth mode now.

They had some issues with the software upgrade but it got done in the end.

cheerio
    Sword Dude

2011 77 TSI Polo manual Flash Red with Sport Pack
    2014 (MY15) 125 TDI Superb Outdoor 4x4

Users Country Flag
    Last night going back home, felt a shudder cruising at the Monash Freeway.... after 500m Engine light came on then the EPC light came on.... Car was misfiring and down in power. Called Volkswagen Assist and the RACV dude plugged in an OBD scan tool and it was throwing #4 Cylinder misfire.

Had it towed to Berwick VW this morning, they came back to me and said that all is good no issues with coil pack or injectors, the problem was due to fouling of the plug in cylinder #4.

This is weird stuff, the car is 8 weeks old and 4600KM and fouling already? Might be something wrong with other stuff to cause it to run too rich....

And yes, i also have that annoying soundaktor issue, it was due to be replaced on the 8th of June but they did it today while they had the car and the replacement part is already available.

They asked me to start keeping fuel receipts just as to get some evidence that I am using 98 octane fuel exclusively.

Just confirming that you have a GTI, if so, there is an issue in some vehicles with the stock spark plugs that cause dodgy firings and as is your issue, fouls plugs resulting in a miss. Revo Technic for example refuse to put their tunes in a GTI without NGK iridium plugs. Factory plugs are iridiums but seemingly not too crash hot...

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    Just confirming that you have a GTI, if so, there is an issue in some vehicles with the stock spark plugs that cause dodgy firings and as is your issue, fouls plugs resulting in a miss. Revo Technic for example refuse to put their tunes in a GTI without NGK iridium plugs. Factory plugs are iridiums but seemingly not too crash hot...
    Yes, its a MY12.5 GTI

Users Country Flag
    just got the car back and it seems all fine..no more annoying vibration noise after the soundaktor got replaced.

Looking at the report it seems there were excessive carbon build up on cylinder #4, they just cleaned the spark plugs and reset all fault codes and it seems to be all good.

I am a little sus about the recommendations though:

" 1). Minimise trips of less than 15 minutes
    2). and if you do use sport mode...
    3). Use 98 octane fuel only ---- DUH!!! I have all the receipts on my fuel purchases.. its all 98 octane fuel!!!

Users Country Flag
    Rattles everywhere in my Polo, but im going to hang till 6 month service. I've got the cold engine ratte noise, trim ratte when revving above 2500rpm, and right rear speaker rattle at high volume

MY12.5 Candy White 5 door Polo GTI. Upgrades/Mods = RNS510 H LED, RVC camera, Auto Lights Dash Sound Actuator GTI button, Gavs Footrest(!)
    WIP = Miltek Turboback Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Red Stuff brake pads (Nov '13)

Users Country Flag
    This is currently what my Polo GTI looks like under the hood lol

Apparently this is the procedure set out by VW...

Users Country Flag

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wow that oozes multi-billion dollar car company right there.

Page 67 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast