Page 66 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

Going back to the dealers next week to have a few issues looked at:

- steering wheel makes a squeak when returning to neutral position (seems to happen primarily after the first 10-15 mins after start up)
    - vibration from rear wheels at highway speeds (could be a wheel balance issue)
    - electronics lighting warning light goes on at random times (when i shut the car off and turn it back on it disappears though)
    2011 MY12 Polo 77TSI Manual Comfortline | Flash Red | Sportspack | Front Tints | Car Mats - Ownership taken 30th of September 2011

Fixes done today. Bluetooth wasn't working because the last time they fixed it, they didn't put the cable in properly and it had fallen out!

Yes, Monkey's could do a better job.

Software update done for the DSG. Could feel the difference and think it's for the better. Much more responsive (IMO)
    Polo GTI - 5 door - Candy White, Xenons, Comfort Package, Audio Upgrade, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors and Tint

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by RoknRob View Post
    1000 k, a bit of a vibration/rattle at the base of the windscreen on acceleration - pretty subtle actually. But no squealing.
    Hey Rob.....
    just noticed this same vibration on Polo GTI...only done 600ks so far.
    been making my way through this whole thread to see if anyone else has this and saw your post.
    so eleven months on from your post, do you still have this issue. Thanks
    Current ride..MY10 Golf MkVI GTI | 5 dr | CW | < DSG >| Leather| Dynaudio | Sensors | Tint | R tails
    Current ride...MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI | 5 dr | CW | Xenons | Alcantara Leatherette /4

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GTI mk6 View Post
    Hey Rob.....
    just noticed this same vibration on Polo GTI...only done 600ks so far.
    been making my way through this whole thread to see if anyone else has this and saw your post.
    so eleven months on from your post, do you still have this issue. Thanks
    After two months of my car, I had this rattle noise too. Go get it fixed at VW asap otherwise it gets annoying.

On another note

My Polo GTI was taken to VW last week, the Piston Rings were not aligned and they will be needing replacement. The dealership thought there was going to be worse damage to the car but it was just an assembly problem when the engine was put together. They have to get a report back from VW and then order the new parts. The engine was shaking thus feeling it in the steering wheel, seat and floor... either in P, N or driving it. Even at freeway speeds. Car should be back to me in two weeks!
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword_Dude View Post
    One of my foglights is staying on (drivers side) when the main lights are on, not parkers, just started doing this on Tuesday.

Booked in for next Thursday to have this looked at and the fuel line rattle fixed at the same time. Also getting my 1st service done (about a month early) anything I should be telling them to look at closely.

Otherwise the car is great and I and my wife have been very happy with it.
    Car dropped off today, the dealer says the fuel line rattle is actually Airconditioner line (I don't care what it is so long as its fixed).

Also there is a service campaign with a software update and Turbo spacers, we'll see how it goes when I get it back this afternoon.

cheers
    Sword Dude

2011 77 TSI Polo manual Flash Red with Sport Pack
    2014 (MY15) 125 TDI Superb Outdoor 4x4

Over recent weeks and now moreso this weekend, I've been noticing under moderate to hard acceleration a high pitch shuddering (maybe wrong description) sound coming from behind the centre of the dash in firewall area. This is not the same knocking sound as fuel line problem behind steering wheel area. It's getting much louder and longer and exists all the way up to 100km or until I stop accelerating.

Gavs you there...got anything for me?

I'm here brother could be sound actuator... What you up to this sat? If you pop along to the cruise I can have a listen if you want....

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    I'm here brother could be sound actuator... What you up to this sat? If you pop along to the cruise I can have a listen if you want....
    I'm still pondering on this Saturday...50/50 at this stage as the car is not running too well since the service last week.

If I can make it I will

I'm sure someone can give you a tow Come along, even if just to say hi at the start, you know you want to.....

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag

Get the rattle fixed guys! A few people have this issue it's the sound amplifier
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Page 66 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast