Page 64 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

Quote Originally Posted by RoknRob View Post
    A recall on the Polo GTI gearbox? This is new. Please tell us more, when you're able.

As far as I'm aware the only recalls thus far were for the TSI...
    It's service campaign 37G7 but it only is affecting certain cars and the DSG. My GTI (Build Sept 2011) isn't affected by it.

Best option is to call them and ask if your car is one of the affected ones. If not, logging into ErWin with your VIN will always show the relevant campaigns!
    Polo GTI - 5 door - Candy White, Xenons, Comfort Package, Audio Upgrade, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors and Tint

Users Country Flag
    I drove my car yesterday and to be fair i don't use it much.......I am having issues with the brakes....seems to be very soft on the pedal...and with a bit of a firm foot i can push the pedal to the floor......was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.....Polo TSI

I can if I really force it but the ABS will kick in. Maybe get a service centre to look at it.

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by readerr0r View Post
    Had the Polo put up on a hoist and inspected today. Apparently the rusting was caused by the salted roads in Germany during the winter. There's some sort of special VW kit to clean it all off which they will apply and then if that doesn't work, they'll replace any affected part.
    So if you have a Polo built around Jan or Feb, it's worth having a look under it for anything nasty.
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Users Country Flag
    Hate to say this but the POLO GTI is built in Spain , so they are telling you Bull **** about the salted roads in Germany during the winter months causing your rusty exhaust i would not be cleaning it with some sort of VW kit BS but insist on a new exhaust .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock & Load View Post
    Hate to say this but the POLO GTI is built in Spain , so they are telling you Bull **** about the salted roads in Germany during the winter months causing your rusty exhaust i would not be cleaning it with some sort of VW kit BS but insist on a new exhaust .
    Hate to say this but the Polo GTI is shipped to Germany via France by train, held in a holding lot for a week or two and then put on a boat in Bremerhaven.

There was a clear amount of salt on the heat shielding too, I inspected it with the service manager.

Users Country Flag
    So two weeks in a holding yard caused the rust ? lol

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by readerr0r View Post
    Had the Polo put up on a hoist and inspected today. Apparently the rusting was caused by the salted roads in Germany during the winter. There's some sort of special VW kit to clean it all off which they will apply and then if that doesn't work, they'll replace any affected part.
    So if you have a Polo built around Jan or Feb, it's worth having a look under it for anything nasty.
    Hey readerr0r,

Thanks for the heads up. Had a look under mine and it didn't have any rust or anything like that picture. Mine was Jan '12 build. Hope you get it all fixed up soon.

Out of curiousity, have you checked your oil consumption yet? Might be worth keeping an eye on it, as my oil light already came on at 1300km/one month old. Although, I only drive very short distances to and from work each day, so it may have affected the oil consumption even more so.
    Polo 6R GTI - Candy White | MY12.5 | 5 dr | Weitec Hicon GT | OZ Ultraleggera | SPOC - 1st Four

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by danielv10 View Post
    Hey readerr0r,

Thanks for the heads up. Had a look under mine and it didn't have any rust or anything like that picture. Mine was Jan '12 build. Hope you get it all fixed up soon.

Out of curiousity, have you checked your oil consumption yet? Might be worth keeping an eye on it, as my oil light already came on at 1300km/one month old. Although, I only drive very short distances to and from work each day, so it may have affected the oil consumption even more so.
    No probs dude. I checked my oil last Monday and it had about 3/4 on the dipstick (800Km atm). I drove it really hard (when the oil was warm) up Mt Tambourine the day I got it, was about a 100km trek. By the time I got home the engine was very toasty and oil temp snuck up to 109C . I'm hoping that sealed the rings up nicely...

Users Country Flag

No rust for me either at exhaust!

Just to note. My car has been running on 3 cylinders for the past 2-3 weeks, VW don't have a loan car for me until this Monday and then on Tuesday my GTI is getting looked at. Tonight the bloody rattle in the dash (a engine noise speaker) has gotten Really Loud when accelerating and low revs it's peeved me right off now. Car is under powered and sucks driving it. Shaking too when idling and on freeway!
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Page 64 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast