Page 63 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

Users Country Flag

sun_corp mine is a 1.4 and they say it's the low compression in one of the cylinders... But they can't be 100% certain as they have to take the whole engine apart to look at it.

When I'm driving it's not that noticeable anymore unless at hwy/freeway speeds.... It is just jolting... Will have to wait about a week or two for them to look at the car... Ughh.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Users Country Flag

engine light flashing

Today i was driving along in my GTI Polo and my engine light started flashing on my dash. I had just gone through a big puddle, could this have had anything to do with it?
    It has 2500 kms on it.

Users Country Flag
    Water and your car electrics are not the best of friends so yeah going over a big puddle could have caused a glitch in your electrical system just keep a eye out for any further flashes .

Users Country Flag
    This happened to my Dad's Freelander 2, a bit of water found its way into the air-intake in his scenario, engine spluttered a bit for the next few minutes and it was all good. (mind you it was diesel and I know that water affects diesel engines more than petrol engines, although its still very bad if water gets in your engine).
    TRADED THE BEE'12 Sport Yellow/Black Citroen DS3 DSport THP155(155cv/153bhp) 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

'18 BMW 125i M-Sport | Sunset Orange | Sunroof | ZF 8-spd auto

My water pump was replaced under warranty (squeaking), and now have a new engine. Also whilst it was there apparently there is a service campaign for a software upgrade for dsg. All done under warranty and was very happy with service from dealership this time around fingers crossed this engine is a good one.

Users Country Flag
    Noticed this on my new Polo's exhaust, surely it cant be normal?

Looks like something didn't get the stainless steel treatment.
    Think I'll be emailing the dealer tuesday!
    Last edited by readerr0r; 06-05-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Users Country Flag
    Looks like your exhaust missed out on either proper materials being used or its good a bad case of rust , i would be insisting on a new exhaust , so much for build material quality lol , i quickly checked my car and its all good

Users Country Flag
    I'm afraid there's only one cure - a full turbo-back exhaust upgrade

Users Country Flag
    Does anyone know how much extra power is to be gained from a free flow exhaust compared to the stock unit ?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    I got the "you should be sent something in the mail" line too, but if it's a "service bulletin" then you won't. Check with another dealership with your vin or create an account with Erwin and punch in your VIN for 5 euro, then you will get a list of all the service bulletins specific to your car...
    Good advice - didn't realize such a service existed. Thanks, again, gavs.

Tell me, for the 5 Euros, will they update me with any future bulletins, or is it 5 Euros each time I check?

Scratch that - just went to see and the pricing is pretty transparent. Seems like you need to pay every time you want new info.
    Last edited by RoknRob; 06-05-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    2011 Polo GTI | Black | 5 doors | Comfort pack | Audio pack | 9w7 Bluetooth | Xenons - a Return to VW!
    Previous ride: 2008 Mazda2 - ZOOM-ZOOM indeed!
    1st Ride: 1988 Red VW Fox Sedan!

Page 63 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast