Page 55 of 181 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

Yep. Mine is empty and the jack is under the spare!
    Polo GTI - 5 door - Candy White, Xenons, Comfort Package, Audio Upgrade, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors and Tint

Users Country Flag
    So that begs the question...

If you take the jack out, and put it into the empty space. Even with the battery in the spare area, can you fit a full size alloy wheel?

Yes, that is normal, yes, you can fit a full sized spare but cannont close the lid or properley secure it. The wheel gets screwed down face-down, unless you like a 20kg dead weight flying around in your boot with a battery full of sulphuric acid

Why bother with a full sized spare when the space saver is not only smaller and does the jjob it's meant to do, but is also considerably lighter?

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    Why bother with a full sized spare when the space saver is not only smaller and does the jjob it's meant to do, but is also considerably lighter?
    I never got why many online car reviewers make such a faff about a car having a space saver. I guess they just need something to fill the 'Cons' summary.
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

I'm with you mate, just seems like whinging for the sake of whinging.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    I'm with you mate, just seems like whinging for the sake of whinging.
    There was a statistic saying that Australians can't help but whinge at the smallest things....this just adds more icing to the statistic cake mmm...lol.

Found a problem yesterday through the reefton spur. Well, 2.

1) tyre squeal, clearly I need semi slicks

2) 3rd gear needs a bit more punch, 2nd gets up to scary speeds quick enough but if I drop to 2nd, I only have around 1000rpm before redline.

Black spur made sure that I need a front-mounted rocket launcher to dispatch mofo land cruiser and patrol owners who are too arrogant to use the f**king pull-outs!!!!!

I also noticed that putting the car in S resulted in stupid gear changes, changing gears at the wrong time and some scary moments. I never use it so it might need to learn or it's not suited to the kind of roads up in the high country...

Quote Originally Posted by sorcam View Post
    I picked up my 5 door GTI a few weeks ago and just hit 1000km. Overall happy with it, but a few little issues.

My car has developed the exact same rattle at about 800Km in. Bloody annoying. Good to hear it sounds like a straightforward fix.

I've got a couple questions which I'd appreciate feedback on:
    - I've found that when accelerating from a standstill, it doesnt take off straightaway. It kind of hesitates for bit then goes. Its probably less than a second but is a little annoying. Is this normal with a DSG gearbox, or could it require a software upgrade?

- Another thing, is it normal for the air recycling to turn off when the car is off? (seems to be intermittent) Its a little annoying as I dont always realise until I'm in traffic and all the fumes are flowing in

- There is a buzzing noise when accelerating from the engine. If I take my foot of the accelerator, it stops. Doesnt always happen but more often than not.

Thanks
    HI, just funny experience recently at 800km too.The sound is actually the electro-magnetic actuator each time i accelerate causing a vibration off it and i am getting my parts into sa from inter-state.I was told mine was the first case and its so coincidence.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tay113 View Post
    HI, just funny experience recently at 800km too.The sound is actually the electro-magnetic actuator each time i accelerate causing a vibration off it and i am getting my parts into sa from inter-state.I was told mine was the first case and its so coincidence.
    Is this the same noise you're getting? 2011 Polo GTI vibration noise - YouTube

My noise was fixed when the "Sound Amplifier" was removed. I'm having a new one installed this week and will let you know how it goes.
    Last edited by sorcam; 06-02-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo

Started off with funny diesel like noise when i accelerate and it was fixed with a new electro magnetic actuator.Picked up the car the same day last thursday from service centre and the kind tech. told me there was another new noise coming from the high pressure fuel pump .Light rattle sound when lightly accelerate. Ordered parts.
    I was told the fine black spots appeared at the back of boot and bumpers are caused by container spraying from customs when it arrives and it can show up after a period of time.They will clean it up.Interesting!
    While driving yesterday ,i heard additional high pitch noise.

Guys,I wonder if the loud engine sound via the sound amplifier be removed as it can be pretty loud?
    thanks.tay

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

HI,
    Its different noise.Like diesel rattles when accelerate....Thats fixed.
    Now i have issues from the high pressure fuel pump making lite rattle sounds and additional high pitch sound when accelerate at higher revs.2 sounds for the price of one.
    Just want to know if the sound amplifier can be isolated as i personally find the loud engine sound is bit loud .thanks tay

Page 55 of 181 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast