Page 180 of 181 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181 LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1805

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

I get the rough idle issue as well, is this just how they are? I know it's not the biggest thing in the world, but it is indeed annoying.

Users Country Flag
    A few weeks ago I discovered a knocking noise coming from the steering rack of my 2013 Polo GTI. From what I can make out it looks like the inner tie-rod end on the right hand side. While parked and I quickly turn the steering wheel with short movements back and forth the knock is prominent when turning the steering to the right side.

My Polo currently has got 21000km on the odo. I had the allingment checked, but everything is still within spec and there is no play between the steering wheel and the wheels(yet).

Did anybody have a similar issue like this before?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    my biggest annoyances with my car at the moment is:
    * Bluetooth phone dongle not turning on (and now I can see others are having the same issue HAHA)
    * Rough idle when cold idling high (only does this sometimes?)
    * Rear wiper jet leaks water for days after using it - really annoying after just cleaning the car!

almost 7000kms done and no other issues

Someone else who has the rear wiper jet issue too! However mine only happened during the warmer summer months. Hasn't done it for months now
    MY13 66tdi polo 'ocean blue', DSG. Comfort Pack, Sports Pack. RNS510 installed. Parking Sensors installed

Users Country Flag
    Noticed what appears to be some oil seepage coming from around (what I think is) the timing chain cover. It's visible from the top of the engine bay and is to the left of the oil cap.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Is this normal operation or should I be contacting service?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY16 Golf GTI Performance Pack

Previously: MY12 Polo 77TSI
    In The Family: MY15 Golf 103TSI Highline & MY15 Audi RS3

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    Noticed what appears to be some oil seepage coming from around (what I think is) the timing chain cover. It's visible from the top of the engine bay and is to the left of the oil cap.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Is this normal operation or should I be contacting service?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Take it into the dealer and get the to look at it

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    * Rough idle when cold idling high (only does this sometimes?)
    Same issue here.. only happens sometimes.... very confusing.

Users Country Flag

Ongoing Issues with MY13.5 Polo GTI

Hey!

It's comforting to see I'm not alone withe the frustrations with VW after sales. Had a very frustrating time with my car. Hoping to commiserate with you or grab some advice;

Touch Adaptor - never turns on. Had the cradle replaced and the unit replaced twice. VW tells me I'm making it up even though I have video proving it.

Pad Slap - Ever since I picked up the car, I've had this slapping noise from the front wheel wells, only happens when reverse parking or when going from drive to reverse then braking. VW has "fixed" the issue twice. Last time they had the car for 5 weeks. Noise never goes away.

Creaking - When "fixing" the pad slap, they decided the retorque certain bolts. Ever since there is a very marked creaking noise coming from front left side. Happens from standing start or when accelerating from coasting.

Pulling To The Left - Car always pulls to left. VW looked at it twice and nothing changes

DSG Rattle - Rattle coming from DSG when downshifting both in manual and automatic. Most pronounced between gears 1 and 2. VE said was fixed, still pronounced.

Cracking Noise from Dash - Cracking noise comes from A-Pillar/Dash when going over bumps. VW looked at it, only slight improvement. Get a fair bit of play in the dash in general, always making creaking and cracking noises.

Car has been to VW 4 times in the past 11 months, in total not had the car for 2 months all up. Pretty fed up.

Also just after some general feedback, sick of being treated like an idiot by VW.

Any one else find the car really bottoms out over larger potholes and road bumps. I find it pretty jarring quite often, and the noise sounds pretty brutal. I just don't know if it's to do its with the stiffer suspension or it's an issue.

Clicking noise coming from the DSG when revving between 1-2K revs. Is this an issue or is it the supercharger changing over to the turbo?

Appreciate all your input and time!

Cheers.

Users Country Flag
    Hey buddy, can't give you much advice on the problems, but just some of my experience:

Quote Originally Posted by emptyk View Post
    Hey!

It's comforting to see I'm not alone withe the frustrations with VW after sales. Had a very frustrating time with my car. Hoping to commiserate with you or grab some advice;

Touch Adaptor - never turns on. Had the cradle replaced and the unit replaced twice. VW tells me I'm making it up even though I have video proving it.
    Never had that. It worked fine but I hated it so removed it and coded it out.

Pad Slap - Ever since I picked up the car, I've had this slapping noise from the front wheel wells, only happens when reverse parking or when going from drive to reverse then braking. VW has "fixed" the issue twice. Last time they had the car for 5 weeks. Noise never goes away.
    Not sure what you mean by pad slap, but I get a thunk when reversing the car and turning the steering first time for the day. A little discussion here with this issue (if it is the same sound you are hearing) - Polo knock sound on steering wheel full lock?

Pulling To The Left - Car always pulls to left. VW looked at it twice and nothing changes
    Also have a gentle pull to the left. I have to apply a little bit of counter pressure which centres the steering wheel and car will go straight.

DSG Rattle - Rattle coming from DSG when downshifting both in manual and automatic. Most pronounced between gears 1 and 2. VE said was fixed, still pronounced.
    No problem with my DSG. It makes its usual clunks but never noticed rattle. I had a grinding noise when in lowish RPM (~1500 - 2000RPM) which kept increasing in loudness over time. Ended up being dying water pump, replaced under warranty and all is whisper quiet again.

Cracking Noise from Dash - Cracking noise comes from A-Pillar/Dash when going over bumps. VW looked at it, only slight improvement. Get a fair bit of play in the dash in general, always making creaking and cracking noises.
    The only creaking noise I had is from underneath the radio/AC unit. Stuck a little bit of foam/sponge in the problem area, fixed it up

Car has been to VW 4 times in the past 11 months, in total not had the car for 2 months all up. Pretty fed up.

Also just after some general feedback, sick of being treated like an idiot by VW.
    Yep, VW afterservice leaves a lot to be desired. I got a lot of bull and them trying to palm off blame, but stick to your guns and be firm but polite. Takes a lot of patience to deal with them, as you would know unfortunately.

Any one else find the car really bottoms out over larger potholes and road bumps. I find it pretty jarring quite often, and the noise sounds pretty brutal. I just don't know if it's to do its with the stiffer suspension or it's an issue.
    I found the original GTI suspension to be like you described. Changed over to Weitec Hicon GT coilovers and it was more compliant and softer over bumps.

Clicking noise coming from the DSG when revving between 1-2K revs. Is this an issue or is it the supercharger changing over to the turbo?
    Could it be as I described above? A grinding noise? Like sewing machine? Might be the water pump?

All the best mate
    Polo 6R GTI - Candy White | MY12.5 | 5 dr | Weitec Hicon GT | OZ Ultraleggera | SPOC - 1st Four

Users Country Flag

New Polo problems - Register

Well mine went back in today. Sent it in 2 weeks ago, reverse gear shudder and clunk from 1, 2 and 3. They adjusted the clutches. Shudder in reverse still present, clunk still present. Drove to Noosa last Friday evening, all seems ok. Drove to brissy from Noosa Saturday, wouldn't kick down trying to accelerate from about 80ks to 110ks. Drove back yesterday to Hervey Bay, engine malfunction light came on... Stopped, re-started all gone... Started the car this morning, running rough and mis-firing... Took it back and it might in there for at least a week. Hmmmmm New Polo problems - Register.

Love the car, but it's one thing after another and it's getting annoying. Had a Suzuki GV3 before this and never had issues for the 4 years of ownership. Might be time I sell it and look elsewhere.
    Last edited by Harrydhillon; 01-02-2016 at 08:39 PM. Reason: addition
    Harry
    MY15 RED Polo GTI 6C - with DA Pack

Users Country Flag

Well... Just sold my 6R ... Jumping into 6C with DA pack ....
    Harry
    MY15 RED Polo GTI 6C - with DA Pack

Page 180 of 181 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181 LastLast