Page 165 of 181 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1805

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nomadx38 View Post
    VCDS - you gota get on that
    I'll just let VW muck around with it tomorrow
    Alex Aescht

MY13 Dark Silver VW up! 5-door 55MPI manual — Comfort Style Pack, Comfort Drive Pack, Maps + More, Panoramic Sunroof
    MY11 Pepper Grey VW Polo Comfortline 66TDI manual ― Comfort Pack, Audio Pack.

Users Country Flag
    Booked in for this Thursday to look at the warning light, and to look at the front suspension, steering wheel, air con, DPF and bearings. Yay.
    Alex Aescht

MY13 Dark Silver VW up! 5-door 55MPI manual — Comfort Style Pack, Comfort Drive Pack, Maps + More, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    My mother drives a 2013 Polo Trendline manual with about 2,400km and it has developed a cold starting problem. Takes 3 or 4 goes before it finally kicks over and then runs extremely rough for between 5-10 sec with low RPM, sounds like it's misfiring. Only seems to happen on mornings parked on the street, once it dips below around 15 degrees. This leads me to think perhaps a sensor as it is perfect once warm, or even after restarting after the initial cold start. Leads? Plugs? Coils? ECU?

Annoyingly VW have brushed her off with the standard "oh many 1.4 Polos do that, common problem, we have forwarded on the diagnostics and don't have a fix yet". Any ideas or anyone experienced a similar issue?
    Current: 2018 Golf GTI Original | Manual | Tornado Red
    Previous: 2012 Polo TSI | Manual | Reflex Silver | Comfort and Sports Packs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TSI_Dan View Post
    My mother drives a 2013 Polo Trendline manual with about 2,400km and it has developed a cold starting problem. Takes 3 or 4 goes before it finally kicks over and then runs extremely rough for between 5-10 sec with low RPM, sounds like it's misfiring. Only seems to happen on mornings parked on the street, once it dips below around 15 degrees. This leads me to think perhaps a sensor as it is perfect once warm, or even after restarting after the initial cold start. Leads? Plugs? Coils? ECU?

Annoyingly VW have brushed her off with the standard "oh many 1.4 Polos do that, common problem, we have forwarded on the diagnostics and don't have a fix yet". Any ideas or anyone experienced a similar issue?
    Lol it seams they use the "it's normal" approach on everything these days.

I'm pretty sure this NA 1.4L engine is as old as the hills, there is nothing new/complex in them that has been added recently so one would assume all the bugs were worked out a very long time ago - If any, seriously how complex can a MPEFI naturally aspirated engine get haha

Now I would look at the ignition system - leads if it has any (but I have a feeling its using direct acting coil-on-plugs). If it is using leads check each one for resistance (ohms) on a multimeter.

They should all be about the same values.

I would also check the battery terminals to see if they are clean and tight.

It could also have a poor fuel pump (tank side) but honestly I'm not sure how you could test this unless there was a drain valve coming off the common fuel rail (like some fords) which you could use to see if fuel is in the fuel line.

VCDS might be a good place to check though if you have it handy.

Users Country Flag
    Picked the Polo up today from VW. The check engine light was to do with the exhaust pressure sensor that had failed, the oil smell during DPF regeneration was to do with the oil pipe from under the turbo coming loose and dripping oil onto the DPF (they said "someone must have fiddled with it at some point." Yeah, maybe when you replaced the EGR valve...)
    They couldn't fault the suspension, even after driving it for "ages." They said the air conditioning couldn't be faulted, and finally, they said the the reason the steering wheel isn't straight is because the car needs a wheel alignment. I thought that wheel alignments weren't possible on Polo's? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Alex.
    Alex Aescht

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaescht View Post
    Picked the Polo up today from VW. The check engine light was to do with the exhaust pressure sensor that had failed, the oil smell during DPF regeneration was to do with the oil pipe from under the turbo coming loose and dripping oil onto the DPF (they said "someone must have fiddled with it at some point." Yeah, maybe when you replaced the EGR valve...)
    They couldn't fault the suspension, even after driving it for "ages." They said the air conditioning couldn't be faulted, and finally, they said the the reason the steering wheel isn't straight is because the car needs a wheel alignment. I thought that wheel alignments weren't possible on Polo's? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Alex.
    Alignment on front Not on rear Just had the Stealer tell me mine was due for a 4 wheel alignment I asked if I could watch while they do the rears LOL
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Alex.
    Wheel alignments can be done on the Polo's BUT make sure you do a front alignment only and get charged appropriately (55$ from bob jane). Only toe in/out can be adjusted on the front (Pretty sure camber is fixed) and the rear is 100% fixed.

Also don't forget to tell them to centre the wheel once It's aligned.

And yeah I just laugh at them when they ask me if I want a 4 wheel alignment. The first time I went to get my wheels aligned (not from the stealership) they knew straight away that you can only do the fronts - and the stealership apparently still doesn't know this...
    Last edited by nomadx38; 24-01-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Alignment on front Not on rear Just had the Stealer tell me mine was due for a 4 wheel alignment I asked if I could watch while they do the rears LOL
    Haha their reaction to that would've been something to see.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadx38 View Post
    Wheel alignments can be done on the Polo's BUT make sure you do a front alignment only and get changed appropriately (55$ from bob jane). Only toe in/out can be adjusted on the front (Pretty sure camber is fixed) and the rear is 100% fixed.

Also don't forget to tell them to centre the wheel once It's aligned.

And yeah I just laugh at them when they ask me if I want a 4 wheel alignment. The first time I went to get my wheels aligned (not from the stealership) they knew straight away that you can only do the fronts - and the stealership apparently still doesn't know this...
    I'm definitely not going to get it done at the dealer. lol.

Thanks for the tips
    Alex Aescht

Users Country Flag
    Haha their reaction to that would've been something to see.

I'm definitely not going to get it done at the dealer. lol.

Thanks for the tips
    I really should have read this BEFORE I had the front + rear alignment done for $120 at Trivett Blacktown..............

I Sell Nissans Skodas.
    IT'S HEREEEEE 18' Skoda Octavia 110tsi Manual Hatch | Race Blue | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Roof | Turini Alloys | Various VCDS Tweaks | RS Spoiler | Mars Bar Holder
    R.I.P; 13' VW Polo 77tsi Comfortline Manual | Candy White | Sport Pack | Pioneer AVH X3800DAB + Clarion Bass Pack

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LukePolo View Post
    I really should have read this BEFORE I had the front + rear alignment done for $120 at Trivett Blacktown..............

Ouch! To add insult to injury that is one very expensive 4 wheel alignment.

Page 165 of 181 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast