Page 15 of 181 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

Users Country Flag

I think what he meant was that the car's too fast The GTI is incredibly stable at speed, feels much larger and lower than it is

Users Country Flag
    According to this website Inaccurate Speedos in Court if your speedo is under reading, then the car does not meet Australian Design Requirements and VW would need to calibrate the unit.
    It could then be argued that you had a reasonable and honest belief that you were travelling at the speed limit.

Practically: Borrow a GPS and check that when the speedo says 100 km/h that you are actually travelling 100 mk/h or LESS.
    If you are travelling faster, then you have grounds to get it checked by VW service.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kreuze View Post
    I have got a very serious problem with my POLO GTI which I am INFURIATED about, especially because VW should have warned me about this issue before I purchased the car!!!!

I just got my third speeding fine in the mail today since having my GTI delivered a month ago.

This is completely unacceptable and purely the fault of the car and VW. I got ZERO warning that this would happen when I purchased the car. I am thinking about writing a letter to VW for compensation and to see if someone at the company will take demerit points for me. How can they sell this car and not provide any kind of warning about this obvious flaw?!?!?!?!?!

VERY unhappy customer. LIFT YOUR GAME VW
    I'm guessing he's taking the piss out of everyone LOL
    2011 POLO GTI 3dr, Candy White, Audio-Comfort-Xenon Packs
    MODS: H&R Sport Springs - Bilstein B12s - Whiteline Sway Bar - Milltek Cat Back Exhaust - Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by kreuze View Post
    I have got a very serious problem with my POLO GTI which I am INFURIATED about, especially because VW should have warned me about this issue before I purchased the car!!!!

I just got my third speeding fine in the mail today since having my GTI delivered a month ago.

This is completely unacceptable and purely the fault of the car and VW. I got ZERO warning that this would happen when I purchased the car. I am thinking about writing a letter to VW for compensation and to see if someone at the company will take demerit points for me. How can they sell this car and not provide any kind of warning about this obvious flaw?!?!?!?!?!

VERY unhappy customer. LIFT YOUR GAME VW
    Yes I too am quite upset by the speeding fine that I have received since picking up my POLO GTI! Perhaps a class action is in order

My car (1) Pulls to the left, (2) Yellow oil light came on at 4K and had to top up 1L of engine oil, (3) Annoying buzzing noise from dash when accelerating hard, (4) Arm rest cannot lock in level position on hot days, (5) Stupid headlights stay on even when dial is on "O" position. There's probably more problems to come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vvt172 View Post
    Yes I too am quite upset by the speeding fine that I have received since picking up my POLO GTI! Perhaps a class action is in order

My car (1) Pulls to the left, (2) Yellow oil light came on at 4K and had to top up 1L of engine oil, (3) Annoying buzzing noise from dash when accelerating hard, (4) Arm rest cannot lock in level position on hot days, (5) Stupid headlights stay on even when dial is on "O" position. There's probably more problems to come!!!
    1) Get a wheel alignment check at the dealership if it's at all time, if under hard acceleration, you might be encountering torque steer.
    2) Back to the dealership for a check
    3) Could be induction noise, otherwise, back to the dealer
    4) Back to the delaer
    5) This is standard, you cannot turn off the headlights even during the daytime, this is to aid in visibilty for other road users. I personally always drive with my headlights on, I don't seem to get cut off by people not looking in mirrors properley anymore!

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    1 to 4 - sound advice gavs
    5 - coming from northern Europe - I am used to lights on all the time. Proven life saver. Should be a global standard.

Users Country Flag
    [QUOTE=JODY85;621053]I've had my Polo just over a month and within 1 week of having it i got the rattling noise everyones been speaking of, it gradually got louder too but only happened when i had the hand brake on or foot on the brake. I took it straight to service centre ....I got about 2 minutes up the road and the noise came back so i had to turn around and take it back in. /QUOTE]

Same here, about 2 weeks in, rattling in front of drivers side, then later on an intermitant rattle at excelleration. One day out of the blue somewhere near the aircond a large persistant rattle until I turned it off. Apparently according to the dealer thats the trifecta - not one I want to win. Anyway, post service first rattle is back (after a day). Am hoping these will all iron out as the car settles in - is that naive?
    Polo 77TSI DSG, Candy White, sports, audio,comfort packs. Rear Parking Sensors, carpet mats.

Users Country Flag
    Same. same, sigh. Pretty sure I'm up for a number of demerit points in 3 weeks from delivery. And thats only the 77TSI - shame on you VW, NB: Typed with head hanging of shame.

Users Country Flag

vibration type of rattle followed by a high pitched whine.

Does anyone know what this could be? Tonight after driving for about 20 minutes in city traffic I heard a loud, fast regular rattling over the aircon and music (different to the three types of rattles we've discussed before I think). Turning off the music and aircon I could hear but not locate the sound - possibly not in the engine but can't be sure, I have the oddest feeling it was coming from perhaps towards the back of the car. I slowed down, but the sound continued. After a short stop at the lights I then continued on slower, and the sound stopped, However after about 50 meters a high pitched whine emanated from somewhere. Lasted about 2-3 seconds. Loud enough for someone on the street to glance over. I immediately stopped the car and tried to locate a reference in the manual (ok, confession...I'm a girl, and it is my first car...would not know how to open the bonnet if i tried!) I gave up the manual. continued on home gingerly with no other sounds thank goodness. SO, the big question is, do I drive my car tomorrow and hope it goes away - or is it something I should call roadside assist on?
    Polo 77TSI DSG, Candy White, sports, audio,comfort packs. Rear Parking Sensors, carpet mats.

Users Country Flag

I would take it straight to the dealer for diagnostics as roadside assist can only do so much. A little worrying coming from a new car
    2011 POLO GTI 3dr, Candy White, Audio-Comfort-Xenon Packs
    MODS: H&R Sport Springs - Bilstein B12s - Whiteline Sway Bar - Milltek Cat Back Exhaust - Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

Page 15 of 181 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast