Page 115 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1805

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

New Polo problems - Register

Quote Originally Posted by AC74 View Post
    So it's not just me and my OCD tendencies then?

What was the attempted fix gavs - replacement jet?
    Supposedly they replaced the little valve in behind the light, which I think they did because it no longer dribbles out in a stream, rather it is in more of a rounded spatter.

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Also fell victim to the fail clutches :/

Getting new ones soon. Think gavs pointed it out last time already, but for those with the earlier version Polos and experiencing the dsg "shuddering", best get it checked out and replaced with the new revised clutch pack. Hopefully these ones will last :0

Users Country Flag
    Mine looks like it's doing the same thing. But it's hard to replicate reliably. D2 gear, low revs, turning...

Usually solved by using S2 of course, but 3 year warranty is going to end this year...

Whats this "shuddering" feel like? I've noticed after some spirited driving in manual mode if i go back to D it sometimes gets a little jerky on take off and slow down into 1st gear when driving normal again for the fist minute after the flogging. Im guessing this is just inherent jerkyness of the DSG not an actual problem?
    2001 S4 Matte Charcoal metallic | M6 | MTM tuned | Zinram 3.5inch catback | SRM SMIC's | ST Coilovers | Work Meister S13p's

2002 Bora 4Mo Indigo Blue Pearl | FK Coils | Air box swisscheesing | Audi B5 S4 Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by BLN355 View Post
    Whats this "shuddering" feel like? I've noticed after some spirited driving in manual mode if i go back to D it sometimes gets a little jerky on take off and slow down into 1st gear when driving normal again for the fist minute after the flogging. Im guessing this is just inherent jerkyness of the DSG not an actual problem?
    Feels like you're driving over a bumpy road (that's what mine was like).

And to edit - best way I replicated it was driving on an incline, so the car is either in 1st or 2nd and there is pressure on the DSG, not the engine. In mine I could really feel it when driving like that.

Also, if you accellerate hard, it feels like the car is pulling / slipping on the changes. E.g. you would expect hard accell to be smooth and change nicely.

I've had 3 new clutches and a new DSG - so pretty fluent on this topic!
    Polo GTI - 5 door - Candy White, Xenons, Comfort Package, Audio Upgrade, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors and Tint

Thanks mate, glad to report mine is nothing like that. I think its just the DSG is a little jerky at times after being given a beating through the twisties like its learnt my behavior and doesn't like going back to smooth cruising ha

Quote Originally Posted by prcurrie View Post
    Feels like you're driving over a bumpy road (that's what mine was like).

And to edit - best way I replicated it was driving on an incline, so the car is either in 1st or 2nd and there is pressure on the DSG, not the engine. In mine I could really feel it when driving like that.

Also, if you accellerate hard, it feels like the car is pulling / slipping on the changes. E.g. you would expect hard accell to be smooth and change nicely.

I've had 3 new clutches and a new DSG - so pretty fluent on this topic!
    2001 S4 Matte Charcoal metallic | M6 | MTM tuned | Zinram 3.5inch catback | SRM SMIC's | ST Coilovers | Work Meister S13p's

2002 Bora 4Mo Indigo Blue Pearl | FK Coils | Air box swisscheesing | Audi B5 S4 Wheels

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Mine looks like it's doing the same thing. But it's hard to replicate reliably. D2 gear, low revs, turning...

Usually solved by using S2 of course, but 3 year warranty is going to end this year...
    DSG has the new driveline warranty mate, its an in kind gesture as per VAG however its extended to 5 years on the box/clutch.

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone experienced the following door locking issue?

when I close the doors and press the lock button on the driver side (i hear a click on all the doors) but I can open all the doors (front and rear) again with one single pull of the door lever. I thought it's meant to be 2 pulls (first to unlock, 2nd to open door). What's the point of that lock button then?

When I used my key to remote lock the door (with me in it) it's all fine. I can't even open it from the inside dont matter how many pulls of the door lever.

Has anyone experienced this before? this seems very weird for me as my previous car never had such issue? will be going to the dealers when I get the chance.

It depends on how you have it set. A dealer or someone with VCDS could sort this for you I believe.

It's so in the event of a rollover etc, the door can be easily opened by the occupants but is still locked from the outside.

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag

The locking mode within the car only prevents people from outside the car getting in, but allows people inside to get out.

The locking mode using the remote deadlocks both the inside and outside so that if someone breaks the window to try and open the door from the inside they cannot.

Incorporated in the same anti-theft design the bonnet cannot be opened unless the drivers door is open, you cannot physically pull the lever.

Page 115 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast