Support VWWC

Thread: KW street comforts or KW V3s

KW street comforts or KW V3s

Hi all wanting to hear from those that have these coilovers. I'd like to know the quality of the ride in both, and if they've had any issues. I'm leaning towards the V3s as there's more adjustability, to play around with. I'm placing an order Monday but like to hear from those that have Street or track experience. Brisbane roads are garbage.... I have a set of oz racing, superturismo Lm on order, there's a 4 week wait on these so want to get the combo right.

Thanks everyone

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by CRE4TE View Post
    Hi all wanting to hear from those that have these coilovers. I'd like to know the quality of the ride in both, and if they've had any issues. I'm leaning towards the V3s as there's more adjustability, to play around with. I'm placing an order Monday but like to hear from those that have Street or track experience. Brisbane roads are garbage.... I have a set of oz racing, superturismo Lm on order, there's a 4 week wait on these so want to get the combo right.

Thanks everyone
    Street Comforts will improve your ride comfort over std suspension and definitely improve handling. Regards adjustability my rears are maxed out although OK for me, can just fit my thinish hand in between top of tyre and wheel arch. I found that Whiteline adjustable droplinks on fronts, they are very beefy compared to the stodgy VW ones, also improved my handling.

No doubt V3s will be better suited to the track so you are facing a compromise, comfort versus handling.

I've probably confused you more!
    2015 Polo GTI with DA pack : Milltek Turbo back exhaust | DD spacer | JB1 | VWR Turbo Intake elbow and intake hose | BMC panel filter | KW Street Comfort coilovers | Whiteline adjust. endlinks | Harding DSG Perf. tune | Wagner Intercooler| Dotz Mugello 17 x 8 32ET

Thanks for your comments mate..... na you haven't confused me.....I already have the vwr springs not low enough, and I want better handling.....the ride at the moment isn't crashy but I don't believe it would be worse. With the quality of the Coilovers.
    Are you happy with the HP DSG tune?

Users Country Flag
    No worries mate. I had VWR/Eibach springs on my previous Polo and know you will be much happier with the KWs.

The HP DSG tune is expensive but still worth getting done, particularly if you tune your car, it will help save the clutch. I never drove in D and now find I use it most of the time. It hold gears longer in D but it's not over the top, best part is it changes down to 1st at 15km/h. D always finds the right gear coming out of a sharp corner or going up a hill.

S is much more useable than std. and fun to use away from the lights. D will hold 5th until over 70, so around town at just over 65ish I slip the floor selector over to M and change to 6th.

Cheers
    2015 Polo GTI with DA pack : Milltek Turbo back exhaust | DD spacer | JB1 | VWR Turbo Intake elbow and intake hose | BMC panel filter | KW Street Comfort coilovers | Whiteline adjust. endlinks | Harding DSG Perf. tune | Wagner Intercooler| Dotz Mugello 17 x 8 32ET

Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    No worries mate. I had VWR/Eibach springs on my previous Polo and know you will be much happier with the KWs.

The HP DSG tune is expensive but still worth getting done, particularly if you tune your car, it will help save the clutch. I never drove in D and now find I use it most of the time. It hold gears longer in D but it's not over the top, best part is it changes down to 1st at 15km/h. D always finds the right gear coming out of a sharp corner or going up a hill.

S is much more useable than std. and fun to use away from the lights. D will hold 5th until over 70, so around town at just over 65ish I slip the floor selector over to M and change to 6th.

Cheers
    Thanks for the info and responding, appreciate it!!
    I'll let you know how I go with the coilovers.

Cheers mate

For a car that is mostly driven on the road (and what you've mentioned about Brisbane roads), I'd lean on KW's expertise and go for the KW street comforts. Not the most aggressive/inspiring name but I bet they're spot on.

I had v3 in my mk5 Golf GTI and at the spec set by KW I didn't feel a lot of difference when switching back to the OEM gear before selling the car. Which made me think I should have gone for v1, as KW's out of the box settings were perfect and I think I tweaked them once with the allen key after they were installed for a track day (not worth the premium just for that!).
    On that basis, I'd expect street comforts to be a ride quality improvement over OEM and it would be what I'd opt for if I was in the market for a set of KWs on a street car again. Set and forget.

Worth noting - I didn't change any other parts in the suspension (sways, end links, bushings etc).

Quote Originally Posted by tinto View Post
    For a car that is mostly driven on the road (and what you've mentioned about Brisbane roads), I'd lean on KW's expertise and go for the KW street comforts. Not the most aggressive/inspiring name but I bet they're spot on.

I had v3 in my mk5 Golf GTI and at the spec set by KW I didn't feel a lot of difference when switching back to the OEM gear before selling the car. Which made me think I should have gone for v1, as KW's out of the box settings were perfect and I think I tweaked them once with the allen key after they were installed for a track day (not worth the premium just for that!).
    On that basis, I'd expect street comforts to be a ride quality improvement over OEM and it would be what I'd opt for if I was in the market for a set of KWs on a street car again. Set and forget.

Worth noting - I didn't change any other parts in the suspension (sways, end links, bushings etc).
    Thanks Mate...... for the write up appreciate you taking the time. I believe you've hit the nail on the head, a lot of great advice there..... great minds think alike. Look forward to having it done and enjoying the new setup.

Cheers

I grabbed the st xta (so v3 coilovers) in my 6c and I regretted it. I live in the cbd and the ****ty roads made me hate driving it. Sure it's adjustable but the rears are a pain to adjust. Great on the highway or smoother roads but not ideal for rough roads. And when lowered to the max the rear hit my exhaust (milltek 70mm) on the rear suspension. Plus street comfort were close to $800 cheaper delivered. And I wasn't very happy with the way the front strut are adjustable. They have a weird cup set up, not camber plates like I was used to.

Quote Originally Posted by stiffy86 View Post
    I grabbed the st xta (so v3 coilovers) in my 6c and I regretted it. I live in the cbd and the ****ty roads made me hate driving it. Sure it's adjustable but the rears are a pain to adjust. Great on the highway or smoother roads but not ideal for rough roads. And when lowered to the max the rear hit my exhaust (milltek 70mm) on the rear suspension. Plus street comfort were close to $800 cheaper delivered. And I wasn't very happy with the way the front strut are adjustable. They have a weird cup set up, not camber plates like I was used to.
    Thanks for the info, mate

I've gone with the Street comforts. The V3s were a bit overkill for me, I believe I'll be happy with what I've chosen getting them put on next week.

Cheers

Cheers