Thread: Interior LED's 2017 Polo Gti

Users Country Flag

Interior LED's 2017 Polo Gti

My wife's Mk7 Golf Highline has LED interior lights which i like the look of, plus they are much brighter. I've read a few threads on changing the interior globes on the Polo but they all seem to be missing some information so I though I'd get it down all in one place. Mine is a 2017 Model Polo GTi with DAP, no Luxury Pack so no sunroof. I bought my LED's from Jaycar (cost around $100 for the 8 ) and of course they cost more because they have to be CANBus compatible. As with most LED's they are polarity sensitive so if you put them in and they don't work, just flip them over to change the polarity. Tip, test them before you put the fitting back in place.

What goes where;

The 2 x vanity mirror LED's are Festoon 36 mm (part #ZD0572);
    Interior LED's 2017 Polo Gti-led-festoon-globe-36mm-6x5730-leds-canbus-compatibleimagemain-300-jpg

The 3 x centre overhead console LED's are T10 Wedge (part #ZD0730);

Interior LED's 2017 Polo Gti-t10-wedge-led-globe-6x5730-leds-canbus-compatibleimagemain-300-jpg

The 2 x rear overhead console LED's are also Festoon 36 mm (part #ZD0572);

The 1 x boot LED is also T10 Wedge (part #ZD0730);

The Fitting;

The Vanity and Boot light fittings are easy to remove, I just pushed finger tips between the interior trim/lining and then lever the fitting out. Swapped the T10 globes over from the rear and just clip back in place. The rear overhead light fitting is also easy to remove but it has festoon globes so they need to be swapped over from the front. This means removing the twin diffusers, they each have 4 plastic clips on the side. I used a small screwdriver to push them in, one side at time and them flip it off with my finders. Then repeat for the other side.

The front centre overhead console is trickier to remove. Mine has the ultrasonic senors for the alarm in the rear section which has to come out first, I just used my thumbs and pulled downwards at the rear. It's tight so a bit of gentle persuasion is required. Once that is removed its easy to remove the light fitting, there are 4 clips, just pull down on the rear on one side and the clip will pop loose, then do the other side, then the front pair. I have attached a video, which is shows the process, but we don't need to remove the diffuser as the globes are accessible form the rear. The 3 original globes are in plastic holders, just swap for the LED's. Don't forget the polarity/orientation check.

Note the fitting in the video has a centre festoon bulb but mine had a T10 centre bulb. So no need to remove the front light diffuser, the T10 fits from the back.

I didn't unplug anything, just made sure that fitting I was working on was turned off. All up it took about 30 minutes and the end result is well worth it, much nicer bright white light than the original dull yellow.

Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Gary
    Last edited by Sydneykid; 16-11-2017 at 11:08 AM.
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag
    You can get the whole set for about $25 from this seller on eBay.

Items in Premium LED Store store on eBay !

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoz View Post
    You can get the whole set for about $25 from this seller on eBay.
    Items in Premium LED Store store on eBay !
    Tried them, they don't list the Polo and what they suggested didn't suite my model.

Cheers
    Gary

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydneykid View Post
    Tried them, they don't list the Polo and what they suggested didn't suite my model.

Cheers
    Gary
    This is the one I am pretty sure;

VW Polo 6C Premium Led Interior White Error Free 8 SMD Bulbs | eBay

That one is wrong too, there are 3 lights in the front dome.

This Kit Contains 8 LED bulbs to change:
    2x Front Dome
    2x Rear Dome
    2x Sun Visors
    1x Trunk & Cargo Light
    Cheers
    Gary

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydneykid View Post
    That one is wrong too, there are 3 lights in the front dome.

This Kit Contains 8 LED bulbs to change:
    2x Front Dome
    2x Rear Dome
    2x Sun Visors
    1x Trunk & Cargo Light
    Cheers
    Gary
    I think that might be a typo because the ad is for 8 bulbs but that only adds up to 7, I definitely got 3 for the front dome.

I would message the seller to save $75.

Users Country Flag
    I think that might be a typo because the ad is for 8 bulbs but that only adds up to 7, I definitely got 3 for the front dome.

I want to do this mod on my new Polo, LED's looked great on my Golf.

Tried that, more than once, received no response after a week, so I gave up waiting.

Cheers
    Gary