Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headlight upgrade for POLO

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dvkent View Post
    I'm trying to make sense of the requirement for washers if you run xenon headlights?
    There's probably a really simple reason....but enlighten me...

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    It has to do with the light refracting badly in other directions other then forward if the lens is dirty with higher output lights. If the lens has a thick layer of dust then you can get what you would call dazzling from all angles not just from the front but the sides as you go past. This is. What you would have seen on some cars with HID heading at you. The auto levelers helps stop that as well. The brighter the light the worst theses effects are so the ADR,s make it mandatory for high powered lights like xenon to have theses fitted.
    There are xenons that are don't require this as there low power like the 2nd gen new beatle but as hillbilly said it's pointless for the cash.
    Normall globes are around 1200 lumens. The led lights I got where 1800 lumens. They where better but nowhere near the xenons I had previously on my liberty GTB which was better then my current cars xenons and both where factory.
    It all depends on what you want from them.
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LunchboxVRS View Post
    It has to do with the light refracting badly in other directions other then forward if the lens is dirty with higher output lights. If the lens has a thick layer of dust then you can get what you would call dazzling from all angles not just from the front but the sides as you go past. This is. What you would have seen on some cars with HID heading at you. The auto levelers helps stop that as well. The brighter the light the worst theses effects are so the ADR,s make it mandatory for high powered lights like xenon to have theses fitted.
    There are xenons that are don't require this as there low power like the 2nd gen new beatle but as hillbilly said it's pointless for the cash.
    Normall globes are around 1200 lumens. The led lights I got where 1800 lumens. They where better but nowhere near the xenons I had previously on my liberty GTB which was better then my current cars xenons and both where factory.
    It all depends on what you want from them.
    Correct
    Also my dealer told me never to fit covers as they dont let the washers clean the actual lens glass

My manual says the washers go every 5th time you turn the wipers on. Its so long since we have had rain Ive forgotten where the wiper switch is. I give my headlights a wipe about once a week just to be sure but dont go out at might much anyway
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 27-01-2017 at 08:27 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Correct
    Also my dealer told me never to fit covers as they dont let the washers clean the actual lens glass

My manual says the washers go every 5th time you turn the wipers on. Its so long since we have had rain Ive forgotten where the wiper switch is. I give my headlights a wipe about once a week just to be sure but dont go out at might much anyway
    having them go off every 5 squirts of the wipers makes more sense then some cars that only go off if you use the washers with the headlights on after the tenth go like my liberty did. I would rarely if at all give them a squirt at night.
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Thanks for the explanation.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

I’d love some of these for my new Polo GTI, I’ve contacted them on FB 👍

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12