Thread: H7 LED headlights

Users Country Flag

H7 LED headlights

Just wondering what is required to fit LED lights in a 6R, in my old car I needed adapters and used a canbus adapter as well and that was it. Is that all I need in a 6R as well. The stock halogens are garbage

Keen to also know- I tried canbus HIDs and it was glare city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithA View Post
    Just wondering what is required to fit LED lights in a 6R, in my old car I needed adapters and used a canbus adapter as well and that was it. Is that all I need in a 6R as well. The stock halogens are garbage
    This old thread may help you, assuming the 6R and 6C have the same headlights.

2015 Polo headlight
    2015 Polo GTI with DA pack : Milltek Turbo back exhaust | DD spacer | JB1 | VWR Turbo Intake elbow and intake hose | BMC panel filter | KW Street Comfort coilovers | Whiteline adjust. endlinks | Harding DSG Perf. tune | Wagner Intercooler| Dotz Mugello 17 x 8 32ET

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    So for those that want to know I had a set of JWSpeaker H7 LED's from my old car as well as various Philips LED,s, Red brake, T10's and a couple of clear reverse LED's.

The H7's were actually wasier than I though they would be and I just had to modify the metal clip that hols the globe in. Once done tehy just clip back into place and you plug the VW plug into the LED plug and they worked fine, parkers also worked fin as did all the rear ones, just want to do the number plate lights and fog lights and I'll be done.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithA View Post
    So for those that want to know I had a set of JWSpeaker H7 LED's from my old car as well as various Philips LED,s, Red brake, T10's and a couple of clear reverse LED's.

YouTube

They seem to be rubbish

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by pologti18t View Post
    YouTube

They seem to be rubbish
    In what way are they rubbish?