Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Golf pop out badge RVC into Polo 6R

What cable are you using to code with?

Users Country Flag
    Hex+can

Ross-tech or cheap ebay version?

Users Country Flag
    Rip off version, Ill have to try it with a proper Ross tech version. Its funny tho, I can access every other module and change things except the radio.

Users Country Flag
    hi guys! i know this is a golf post but i figure the principle is still the same lol

needing a bit help, bought a Polo a few months back, it already has the reverse camera installed but its in the bumper, i was wondering if anyone has a logical idea as to where i would connect the cables, all i have are 2 cables in my boot connected to the camera and when i put the car in reverse the black screen comes up with the lines so i know the camera is connected to the reverse light...but i have no clue where to connect the camera to the cable that i beleive should be running from my radio/cdplayer/gps unit. I'd rather not rip apart my car so i figure id ask here first

thanks!

Users Country Flag
    Hi folks. Having successfully installed this emblem camera in my old Polo 6R, my next project is to install it in my newer Polo 6C. I've bought the necessary kit from carsystems.pl and after a bit of searching managed to find the correct wiring instructions to hook this up to the composition media control box located in the glove box. I also found the correct coding for the composition media unit, which is different to the coding for the RNS510. Basically, I followed steps 6 onwards from the following guide:

http://www.carsystems.home.pl/instru...NG%20v.1.0.pdf

Unfortunately I'm not getting any image on the display. The camera pops out correctly when I select reverse with the tailgate down, and the display switches to camera view with the PDC picture on the LHS, but for some reason the camera image remains stubbornly blank. I've double checked the wiring, and I've even done a continuity check on the composite signal wiring which bells out fine.

Does anyone have experience of installing the emblem RVC in the Polo 6C (or any other composition media system) who might be able to help me track down what's going wrong?

TIA.

Users Country Flag
    Not compatible with Composition Media with the following part numbers :
    5G0035820A
    5G0035820
    5G0035819A
    5G0035819
    5G0035812

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chaser2001 View Post
    Hi folks. Having successfully installed this emblem camera in my old Polo 6R, my next project is to install it in my newer Polo 6C. I've bought the necessary kit from carsystems.pl and after a bit of searching managed to find the correct wiring instructions to hook this up to the composition media control box located in the glove box. I also found the correct coding for the composition media unit, which is different to the coding for the RNS510. Basically, I followed steps 6 onwards from the following guide:

http://www.carsystems.home.pl/instru...NG%20v.1.0.pdf

Unfortunately I'm not getting any image on the display. The camera pops out correctly when I select reverse with the tailgate down, and the display switches to camera view with the PDC picture on the LHS, but for some reason the camera image remains stubbornly blank. I've double checked the wiring, and I've even done a continuity check on the composite signal wiring which bells out fine.

Does anyone have experience of installing the emblem RVC in the Polo 6C (or any other composition media system) who might be able to help me track down what's going wrong?

TIA.
    Yep. had the same issue, turned out I just needed to plug the camera in properly and lock the connector correctly.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112