Support VWWC

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf pop out badge RVC into Polo 6R

Users Country Flag

Staz, youre my hero mate! Thanks so much. I will do some pics of my install when I do it in the hope they may help others. Cheers!
    Bury S9 XL cradle for Touch Adaptor for sale: http://tinyurl.com/hgmjc4j

Sold my Shadow Blue MY12.5 3 door Polo GTI for a WRX Hyperblue...
    SPOC - 1st Four.... www.DeskDivers.com & www.PloProf.com & www.2smoked.com & www.JonWallis.com

No probs. Good luck with the install.
    Take your time with the trim pieces. They are the most time consuming part of the job.

And dont forget you'll need to do some VCDS coding before anything will display on the head unit. Best to code it before putting everything back together so you can test it all works OK.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks m8.

Sadly I don't have a VCDS cable, so will have to do the job and then zip over to VW and get them to do that coding for me, I have a list of stuff I want to get done so it will just be one of about 6 or 7 changes so maybe they won't notice its not a normal thing a polo has LOL

If I could find a cheap VCDS cable/software setup I would do it, I just cant justify the money for the Ross tech right now, I know I should but...

SPOC - 1st Four.... www.DeskDivers.com & www.PloProf.com & www.2smoked.com & www.JonWallis.com

I can code it for you if you are nearby. I live near Castle Hill.

PM me if thats convenient.

Users Country Flag
    I live near Epping and have a cheap Chinese cable spare and/or can do the ten second change to coding if you like.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks guys, I live in Pennant Hills so youre both close to me, I will PM you both when Ive done the coding and see who's about. Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    so is VCDS coding required to make this work? At 330 euros plus shipping plus install I am tempted to ask VW directly to install this for me and code it up.
    MY12.5 Candy White 5 door Polo GTI. Upgrades/Mods = RNS510 H LED, RVC camera, Auto Lights Dash Sound Actuator GTI button, Gavs Footrest(!)
    WIP = Miltek Turboback Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Red Stuff brake pads (Nov '13)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iigx View Post
    so is VCDS coding required to make this work? At 330 euros plus shipping plus install I am tempted to ask VW directly to install this for me and code it up.
    Good luck with that.
    I had my RVC in for about 2months till I could code it, because the first Chinese VCDS cable I got I accidentally wiped before getting any use out of it, so had to get a second one.... Now I have 3 (and fixed the 1st) (when I found a suitable one that worked, I got a friend in China to send a couple over). But there are plenty of people on the forums who can help, it is a ten second job to code this (one bit change if no OPS, or two bit changes if OPS also).
    ---
    Manual MY12 RB Golf R | Bluefin Stg2 | Milltek turbo-back

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, Chinesse VCDS copy cables....
    The Ross-Tech has been around for many years, so don't think for a second that if you buy the cheap vcds (vagcom or what ever the rough sellers call them) ebay knock offs, that it will do the same job as genuine VCDS. Just remember that with that cable, you're connecting to the car's ECU, and the last thing you want, is to cause some damage to the cars' electronics, or disable your car with the program that is not designed to work with non genuine cable, it could cost you thousands of $ to hear your engine running again.

I only use the Ross-Tech cable.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast