Thread: Fault Code 14355 Help

Fault Code 14355 Help

HI there, I need soem help advice.
    I'll put the help request in first then provide some background
    So our 2010 Dieslel Polo has an occaisional flashing "Glow Wire" lamp not all the time just every now and then.
    I put the VCDS on and get the following for the engine

Address 01: Engine (J623-CAYB) Labels: 03L-906-023-CAY.clb
    Part No SW: 03L 906 023 BB HW: 03L 906 023 D
    Component: R4 1.6l TDI H13 9979
    Revision: --H13--- Serial number:
    Coding: 00254014002500080000
    Shop #: WSC 31414 790 50316
    ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM16TDI02103L 003014
    ROD: N/A
    VCID: 67D7A5459E76F51

No ASAM data for: "EV_ECM16TDI02103L" (VW25)
    1 Fault Found:
    14355 - ROD - Unknown Error Code
    - 13 [032]
    Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00000001
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 4
    Mileage: 118970 km
    Date: 2079.14.07
    Time: 12:24:51

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0

Oh the car has just come back from a trip to Melbourne and back, so the particulate filter should be spotless

So what does this mean? Looking online I can say the brake lights are working, but then the fault isnt present right now. It could be an exhaust temp sensor, or it could be an ECG (is that the name?) which I will be really annoyed about.

Why?

Well This car I can say is a piece of junk. No wonder VW withdrew Diesel Polo's from sale in Australia as they are supposed to be City Cars
    From new we got blocked PArticulate Filter lights very regularly, even though we live in a semi rural area and my wife regulrly does 20 minute 100kph runs to Gawler.
    Then we got a continuous flashing glow plug light - fix was to replace the an exhaust recirc pipe that had blocked - luck for extended warranty otherwise it was a $2,000bill!
    After that the cabin randomly but regulalry stank of diesel. VW claimed they couldnt find anything wrong and put air freshener in the car!! I finally cracked the S**TS when diesel gate first came out and wrote to VW telling them what I thought and what my investigations had found. I had worked out by this time the smell was alligning with particulate filter "Burn Off" mode being activated, my VCDS cable was a wonder - paid for itself. They rechecked the car and surprise surprise they found a leaky gasket! One they had replaced - I think they forgot to tighten some nuts!Their advice for the future - drive weekly for 15 minutes at >80kph!!

After this the car was then fine, no blocked particulate filter lights etc, until stupidly I took it in for its Diesel Gate Fix. and now
    The blocked Particulate filter light started coming on and now the Glow Plug Lamp has returned.
    I am loking forward to hear VW tell me I need to drive this "City CAr" one a week for 15 minutes at >80kph. Funny it wasnt in the sales brochure. "not fit for purpose"

ANyway hopefully it isnt anything too serious and is just a duff sensor, otherwise I am off to "Today Tonight"

any advice welcome

Users Country Flag
    Fault code relates to exhaust gas temperature sensor B1 S3 malfunction.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

SO thats a fairly "easy" fix right? WHat happens if its left untreated?

Users Country Flag
    I don't know what the actual problem is. The fault code is just a symptom. It will need to be correctly diagnosed.

Leaving it unattended may result in a damaged DPF.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by BITMMEADS View Post

Date: 2079.14.07
    Time: 12:24:51
    You are well and truly living in the future my friend!