Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
If it were from the water jacket to the combustion chamber, the system would over-pressurise and the coolant would be pushed back out the overflow port on the expansion bottle.
Well that sort of makes sense... thanks.

Combustion and psi would combine to be have more pressure than the water pump... and would cause an overflow.

Can smell coolant sometimes... sort of... but cant see anything leaking so perhaps it is a tiny leak and is drying on something hot before it ends up on the garage floor.

Only added a tiny amount (300ml) of distilled water to get to low level when cold last night and no lights to and from work.

Now I have done the same when I got home just then, to get to max level, using about 200ml of distilled water.

Will have to monitor and hope that is just a minor leak or some sort of evaporation due to the fact I have never topped it up since new (68ks).

AS for the miss it is still there... I think I am about to buy a set of coils and when I finally get to scan it... hope that one or two coils are the reason for the ECU light flashing every so often. At least the EPC light hasn't been seen again... just the ECU amber one.

Fingers crossed... and hopefully my OBDII B/T adaptor arrives soon and it works.