Support VWWC

Thread: EPC Polo GTI

EPC Polo GTI

Hi guys, I purchased my Polo GTI in October 2011 and the latest issue it's having is with the EPC light. I recently had it serviced by VW in April 2016 and then a month after the EPC light came on the dash twice. When the EPC light comes on, my car starts to stagger and lose power for a couple of seconds. It then reverts back to normal after 20-30 seconds. VW service center said to keep an eye on it and if happens again bring it in. The EPC light went on 4 times last week. I brought it in to get service and they said the fuel filter was clogged, so they changed it. The day after, the EPC light came on again. VW service center said they think it’s the fuel pump. Email below.

“The quote for the high pressure fuel pump for your car is $716.10 fitted. as I discussed with you yesterday we would prefer to have 100% diagnosis on this as being the cause of the concern but it has worked every time we have tested. But with the fault code that is logging in the engine ecu and the information that is presenting during testing it all leads to the fuel pump”.

Has anyone else had this issue or can shed some light in what’s happening?

Thanks

Sorry to hear that
    Can't help but do agree the symptoms are consistent with fuel pressure (and 20 other things) if the filter was actually clogged that would also do it (but they would need to cut it open to see), you may have got some bad fuel and there could be heap of garbage in the tank.
    Since I doubt you are keen to drain the tank and flush the lines and change the filters again your self I would suggest talking to an independent service centre