Thread: Discover Media Map Updates for 6C Polo Free Online

Users Country Flag

Discover Media Map Updates for 6C Polo Free Online

If you use an independent to service your car and are therefore likely missing out on the free map update with dealer service then this may be of use to you.

DiscoverCare < Innovation & Technology < Volkswagen International
    Select download for Windows or Mac. It will install software on your PC that automates the update process. At some stage you will need to insert your original VW card into the SD slot on your PC etc. A backup of existing sat. nav. data will be done to PC before the card is updated. Make sure you select Multi Region Map 2 when given the options.

Worked like a charm for me, now have 2017/18 maps.
    2015 Polo GTI with DA pack : Milltek Turbo back exhaust | DD spacer | JB1 | VWR Turbo Intake elbow and intake hose | BMC panel filter | KW Street Comfort coilovers | Whiteline adjust. endlinks | Harding DSG Perf. tune | Wagner Intercooler| Dotz Mugello 17 x 8 32ET

Users Country Flag
    I get confused .. discover pro, discover media? Same as MIB1? Or MIB2? Or neither lol. I know I have MIB1 Discover Media Map Updates for 6C Polo Free Online

MY15 Polo GTI - Red - DA Pack
    Harry
    MY15 RED Polo GTI 6C - with DA Pack

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydhillon View Post
    I get confused .. discover pro, discover media? Same as MIB1? Or MIB2? Or neither lol. I know I have MIB1 Discover Media Map Updates for 6C Polo Free Online

Yes agree it's confusing. It's not discover pro and I thought it was MIB2.

Anyway you should have the same as me if your Polo is a 2015? ie "Multi Region Map 2". Have a look at yours

Discover Media Map Updates for 6C Polo Free Online-vw-sd-card-jpg
    Last edited by car_nut; 12-09-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    2015 Polo GTI with DA pack : Milltek Turbo back exhaust | DD spacer | JB1 | VWR Turbo Intake elbow and intake hose | BMC panel filter | KW Street Comfort coilovers | Whiteline adjust. endlinks | Harding DSG Perf. tune | Wagner Intercooler| Dotz Mugello 17 x 8 32ET

Users Country Flag
    Yeap.. same as yours might give that a go... if this works I won't be going back to the dealer for my 30k service which I was thinking off for all the software updates. Thanks for the info mister! Much appreciated

Harry

Users Country Flag

Discover Media Map Updates for 6C Polo Free Online

Hi ya

Had issues with this. This was due to size issue and bare in mind I am a Mac user.

Here is my work around
    1. Download software as above.
    2. Let it go through as intended.
    3. Mine was failing at 92% installations phase.
    4. Navigate to DiscoverCare/Data
    5. Unzip the large file that is in that folder
    6. Navigate to SD card, go through the folders, you'll find folders called map blah blah and remove any file/folder that says Seat/Skoda
    7. Navigate to folder in step 5 above.
    8. You will need the last folder called EEC or something similar copy entire folder to SD card replacing existing.

And you are done.

It was failing as the last folder being copied across was to large for the SD card.

Hope this helps

Harry

Users Country Flag
    awesome! thanks for the tip. fully updated my maps now. cheers

Users Country Flag
    I got my car dealer serviced and they didnt do this for me! grrr so a massive thank you to car_nut for this, i have updated it now, took about 1hr 30 all up but just left it going on the laptop, nice and easy
    2016 MY17 Polo GTI with DA package. TMD fitted + Weather strip and Snow Screen removed otherwise dead standard.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by sssstew View Post
    I got my car dealer serviced and they didnt do this for me! grrr so a massive thank you to car_nut for this, i have updated it now, took about 1hr 30 all up but just left it going on the laptop, nice and easy
    Thanks mate for the +ve feedback, nice to hear back when you offer help/advice. I have to admit though that I 'stole' the link to that site from a post in the Mk 7 Golf section of this forum.

Users Country Flag

lol sneaky! we'll allow it!
    2016 MY17 Polo GTI with DA package. TMD fitted + Weather strip and Snow Screen removed otherwise dead standard.